If Walmart employees can do it and win, why can't we?

by REBORNAGAIN 69 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

i would love to be able to file something to get back my donations and paid for time spent in that cult

imagine being able to force them to turn over your cards and cash you out for all the time you were forced to spend in service..... even at minimum wage you would clean up.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    I was raised in it..Anything I did,was forced free child labour..Refusing to do the will of the WBT$ meant punishment.....There are millions of Dub Kids just like me..Who were taken advantage of by a Business..Not a Religion......There are millions of people who were conned into joining a Cult.....Who should pay,the Victims or the Criminals?...OUTLAW

Couldn't agree more Outlaw. All a class action suit against a cult who not only punished, threatened, manipulated, directed, coerced and directed the children of it's membership need do, is get some of the medical community and legal beagles behind them. There are more and more in the mental health field that are tuning into brainwashing and the long term effects of being raised in it. Not to mention, the fact that a person who is under the age of consent in regards to signing a legal/binding contract, should not be pressured or punished for being baptized - in addition to the fact that those baptized prior to 1980's were baptized without the same verbal committment as those after aka..loyalty and serfdom to the WTBTS. I can understand perhaps hesitation on the part of the legal system in defending an adult who makes such choices for himself, however, a child raised in the society has no choice and at the very least the issue of baptism, which in itself creates a harsher punishment for the victim should they decide to leave, must at some point be addressed. sammieswife.

• bisous
    bisous

John Doe - I would support your view if I agreed that the WTBTS was a religion vs. a cult, a high control organization, whose policies are just as individually, devastatingly harmful as the policies of the Fundamentalist LDS organization which actively promotes bigamy and forced marriage/rape of young children. I'm assuming you are aware of the successful prosecution of Warren Jeffs for aiding rape. I believe there is a correlation that could be applied to a lawsuit foisted upon the WTBTS relative to its blood and pedophilia policies.

• brinjen
    brinjen

OK, how about this for an idea? What about the small claims system. Not aware of how it works in the States, but here in Oz, it can be anything under $10,000. Not much to them on it's own, but what if there were several hundred or even a couple of thousand claims lodged within the same week worldwide?

As it's a smaller system, it is a much simpler and faster system. In the masses, it would hurt them deeply.

Just a thought.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Brinjen, small claims court is limited to suits between individuals with no legal representation--no lawyers. Incidentally, lawyers can't sue in small claims court for themselves either. You can't sue a corporation in small claims court.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Here is an idea...how about we move on w/ our lives and get the f*ck over it?!?!?! Drop the bitterness and resentment, commend yourself for getting out when you did, and enjoy the time you have left to live.

• John Doe
  • SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

sweetface:

...how about we move on w/ our lives and get the f*ck over it?!?!?! Drop the bitterness and resentment, commend yourself for getting out when you did, and enjoy the time you have left to live.

amen my friend, amen

SnakesInTheTower (of the "finally walking away, slowly, but walking AWAY..not just fading" Sheep Class)

• uninformed
    uninformed

Sweetface,

If you are so "over it" why in the F@#k are you still here, on an 'apostate' site.

Lead by example, otherwise you are a hypocrite.

Brant

• journey-on
    journey-on

I venture to say that if a class action suit could in some way be brought against the WTBTS

and the jury was given a thousand or two thousand actual posts from this forum, JWD, and

told to go over each one carefully and consider them all in relation to each other in order to

form THE BIG PICTURE, some of you would be surprised at the verdict~!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit