If Walmart employees can do it and win, why can't we?

by REBORNAGAIN 69 Replies latest jw friends

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Why are we not all getting together as a group and get back at the Borg for what they have done to us? "There is strength in numbers" and definitely enough of us. We have all suffered in similar ways, some more than others. The Borg has enough money to compensate for our lack of schooling for instance. They should be obligated to reimburse us to further our education now. And/or reimburse us for other personal issues that we have suffered through. I know so many who have fulltime pioneered all their lives and have no health insurance nor any assets to retire on.

What are your thoughts? Why would this not be possible?

LINDA

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Linda,

I agree with you, we should be able to in theory. we have foregone good jobs education and pensions. I am not famililiar with the the US legal system, being from the UK, but I do understand that you have a thing called class action, whereby people who have suffered a similar fete from the same organisation can join together in an action. We here in UK do not really have that.

I honestly beleive that what frightens the wtbs is that someone will take them to cour,t as in the case of child abuse, see it through to the end, with no gagging order and have punitive damages awarded against them thus setting a precedent, as happened with the catholic church.

Completele unrelated do you know how I can put up a copy of the union jack by my name, not for reasons of nationalism but to so that we know roughly what time zones we are in

regards llbh

• John Doe
    John Doe

Holding an organization accountable for religious beliefs that result in certain sets of optional life choices is utterly ridiculous. We need a shift back towards personal responsibility. Take control of your life people! Your choices are exactly that, yours!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Because those of us who left the "organization" aren't very good at "organization"

• uninformed
    uninformed

John Doe,

You are correct in principle, but Linda was just suggesting that they be sued. What the hell is wrong with that? Maybe some people were born into it and stayed only because of the 'shunning'.

I am not one to deny personal responsibility, however, that does not absolve them from their responsibility. They claim to be God's representatives. Would you say they are filling their stated claim and the responsibility that goes with it?

I say, if you have a case, sue the hell out of them.

But, the government of the US makes it very difficult for people to sue their church. It becomes a separation issue.

Brant

• John Doe
    John Doe

It is separation as it should be. The government has ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS mandating what beliefs a person or organization can profess or hold. That's one of the nice things of this country.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

You're right, John Doe, but...I was only 14, hardly an age to take control of my life and it was after 30 years, after being controlled & brainwashed, (loss of control) that I realized how wrong they were. Anyway, was just a thought and wanted to hear what others had to say on the matter. Sad thing is, so many wanted to do good and were compelled to do so or else. In any case, they caused damage and continue to do so, and that's what I feel is wrong.

LINDA

• John Doe
    John Doe

Parents are responsible for the important life choices of minors. If you want to hold someone else accountable for your decisions, you'd have a stronger case against your parents I would think. Unfortunately, most folks' parents don't have a lot of money. . .

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s a good idea..But..WBT$ is a business hiding behind Religious status..You volunteered your time and gave your money to a charity..The WBT$.....The WBT$ is a business,running a very profitable Religious Con Game.....What would we have to do,to prove that to the court system?...OUTLAW

• John Doe
    John Doe

Ok, here's a thought for you. The JW's are made up of individuals. Most of you were JW's. If the religion should be held financially accountable for the educational choices of its former members, do you feel that you all should be held accountable for your participation in the converting work done when you were a witness? What kind of judgment would be right to hold against you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit