Quotable Quotes; Please Add Yours ...

by compound complex 215 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• r51785
    r51785

In the long run we are all dead. -- John Maynard Keynes

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

-Voltaire

• *summer*
    *summer*

"When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two
    things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly."

Barbara J. Winter

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

" This too shall pass"

This too shall pass ( Hebrew: ?? ?? ????? ?) is a saying commonly used to offer condolences or sympathy to someone in pain or suffering.

The origins of this phrase have been attributed to many sources, including King Solomon, American president Abraham Lincoln, and the poet Lanta Wilson Smith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_too_shall_pass

Jeff

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

"Anyone who can worship a trinity and insist that his religion is a monotheism can believe anything, just give him time to rationalize it. Forgive me for being blunt." ~ Satan. (From the book, Job: A Comedy of Justice)

"You perceive, that you have made continual progress. Cain did his murder with a club; the Hebrews did their murders with javelins and swords; the Greeks and Romans added protective armor and the fine arts of military organization and generalship; the Christian has added guns and gun' powder; a few centuries from now he will have so greatly improved the deadly effectiveness of his weapons of slaughter that all men will confess that without Christian civilization war must have remained a poor and trifling thing to the end of time." ~ Satan. (As revealed to Mark Twain.)

"I know your race. It is made up of sheep. It is governed by minorities, seldom or never by majorities. It suppresses its feelings and its beliefs and follows the handful that makes the most noise. Sometimes the noisy handful is right, sometimes wrong; but no matter, the crowd follows it."~Satan. (As revealed to Mark Twain.)

"The very basis of the Judeo-Christian code is injustice, the scapegoat system. The scapegoat sacrifice runs all through the Old Testament, then it reaches its height in the New Testament with the notion of the Martyred Redeemer. How can justice possibly be served by loading your sins on another? Whether it be a lamb having its throat cut ritually, or a Messiah nailed to a cross and "dying for your sins". Somebody should tell all of Yahweh's followers, Jews and Christians, that there is no such thing as a free lunch." ~ Satan. (From the book, Job: A Comedy of Justice)

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

"If on Judgement Day, I was confronted with God and I found God took himself seriously, I would like to go to the other place." - Malcolm Muggeridge

"One thing is pretty obvious in these days. If the clergy went on strike, society would learn to live without them." Jules Jacque

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

"If God was condemned to life the life he inflicted on man, he would kill himself." Alexander Dumas fils

"An atheist is a person that has no invisible means of support." Fulton Sheen

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated;but those who torment us for our own good will torment us to no end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C.S. Lewis

• PEC
    PEC

“Show us a man who never makes a mistake and we will show you a man who never makes anything. The capacity for occasional blundering is inseparable from the capacity to bring things to pass. The only men who are past the danger of making mistakes are the men who sleep at Greenwood.” - H. L. Wayland

• PEC
    PEC

“The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” - Walter Bagehot

• White Dove
    White Dove

Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda

To thy own self be true.--Unknown (to me anyway)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit