Quotable Quotes; Please Add Yours ...

by compound complex 215 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

The endeavor to compel all men to think alike on all subjects,
    culminated in the great apostasy and the development of the
    great Papal system; and thereby the 'gospel,' the 'one faith,'
    which Paul and the other apostles set forth, was lost - buried
    under the mass of uninspired decrees of popes and counsels.

--- ZION'S WATCH TOWER, 9/1/1893, pp. 262 - 264

They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

--- Benjamin Franklin

Jehovah's Witnesses firmly believe that the United Nations is
    going to play a major role in world events in the very near future.
    No doubt these developments will be very exciting. And the results
    will have a far-reaching impact on your life. We urge you to ask
    Jehovah's Witnesses in your neighborhood for more details on this
    matter.

--- AWAKE!, 9/8/91. p. [?]

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every
    form of tyranny over the mind of man.

--- Thomas Jefferson

• Clam
    Clam

And now, particularly, many serious students of government and of world conditions— statesmen, scientists and others—are saying that mankind will not even be able to survive to the year 2000 C.E. They base their outlook, not on the Bible, but on the hard facts of today and upon the now irreversible trend of things that involve all of us. The Bible tells of these hard times that we are experiencing as a sign of the nearness of the end of this system.—2 Tim. 3:1-5. WT - 1973 11/1 646The Best Time to Be Alive ***

"Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice." --- Will Durant (1885 - 1981)

• tinker
    tinker

Great spirits have alwasy found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly

submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

Albert Einstein

• kifoy
    kifoy

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
    -- Bill Gates, 1981

"John Gummer is the biggest shitbag I have ever met."
    Comment by the Norwegian Minister of the Environment, Thorbjørn Berntsen in 1993, after Gummer (the GB Minister of Environment) had refused to discuss the acid rain problem on the grounds of the Norwegian minke whale harvest.

kifoy

• ninja
    ninja

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
    Adolf Hitler

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

"If you pray for rain long enough, it eventually does fall. If you pray for floodwaters to abate, they eventually do. The same happens in the absence of prayers." Steve Allen

"If you were taught that elves caused rain, every time it rained, you'd see the proof of elves." Ariex

"Anyone who engages in the practice of psychotherapy confronts every day the devastation wrought by the teachings of religion." Nathaniel Branden, Ph.D.

"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." Chapman Cohen

"If we are going to teach 'creation science' as an alternative to evolution, then we should also teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological reproduction." Judith Hayes

"Religious belief is not a precondition either of ethical conduct or of happiness." Dalai Lama, "Ethics for the New Millennium"

"Christian Fundamentalism: The doctrine that there is an absolutely powerful, infinitely knowledgeable, universe spanning entity that is deeply and personally concerned about my sex life." Andrew Lias

• BFD
    BFD

On the topic of who you would like the next President of the USA to be...

"the last election was between 2 members of skull and bones......do you really think there is a choice?" Ninja Thinking. BFD

• Gopher
    Gopher

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia"

- epitaph of W.C. Fields

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

kill em all and let god sort em out

wanna go for a ride in mah luv ma chineeeeeeeeee (batman and robin)

• erynw
    erynw

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit