Quotable Quotes; Please Add Yours ...

by compound complex 215 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The world is all to cock, life's a bitch and then you die!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Standing up in the Houses of parliament a lady famously declared, 'You sir are drunk!' 'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.' -- Winston Churchill

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

"A job left undone gets bigger." Confucious

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

"She cried and the judge wiped her tears with my checkbook." Tommy Manville

• *summer*
    *summer*

If each of us sweeps in front of our own steps, the whole world will be clean.

-Unknown

• compound complex
    compound complex

I cannot conceive otherwise than that He,
    the Infinite Father, expects or requires no
    worship or praise from us, but that he is
    even infinitely above it.

- Benjamin Franklin

• seven006
    seven006

"When an opponent declares, "I will not come over to your side," I calmly say, "Your child belongs to us already... What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.""
    --Adolf Hitler

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."
    --Adolf Hitler

"Who says I am not under the special protection of God?"
    --Adolf Hitler

"Today, I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
    --Adolf Hitler

"The great masses of the people ... will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one."
    --Adolf Hitler

"There is a road to freedom. Its milestones are Obedience, Endeavor, Honesty, Order, Cleanliness, Sobriety, Truthfulness, Sacrifice, and love of the Fatherland."
    --Adolf Hitler

"While traveling near Tampa, Florida I passed the "Jehovah's Witness Assembly Hall" and was struck by the fact that that must be where they make them."
    --Gene Spafford

"If you don't change you beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news? - William Somerset Maugham

History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
    - Abba Eban

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
    - Clarence Darrow

The trouble with her is that she lacks the power of conversation but not the power of speech.
    -George Bernard Shaw

- William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)

Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words?
    - Ernest Hemingway (about William Faulkner)

• PEC
    PEC

“No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.” - President George Bush

• PEC
    PEC

“When I think of the number of disagreeable people that I know who have gone to a better world, I am sure hell won't be so bad at all.” - Mark Twain

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

"Life is not a spectacle or feast. It is a predicament." George Santayana

"There is no need to visit a madhouse to find lunatics." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Insanity is hereditary, you can get it from your kids." Sam Levinson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit