Has the Watchtower ever officially LIED?

by Dead Man Joaquin 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

When they quote sources deliberately out of context, that is a lie. (I remember the excellent post on Harry Paloyan, where he said about one quote, "Well, it's in there isn't it?" This whole philosophy about quoting people, if you can rearrange the word order and construct a whole different sentence out of a person's words, then that is OK, it's not doing anything wrong because, after all, they actually said the words, just not in that order. This is a disgustingly dishonest approach to quoting sources. The WTS has no journalistic integrity.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Some of these things, like false prophecies, are not really lying. they were wrong, it is true, and they are guilty of the sin of false prophesy, but that is a little different than outright lying. It's only dishonest if the WTS knowingly makes something up that they know to be not true, like denying that they ever curried favor with the Nazis. That they know darn well is a lie. but being wrong and changing their minds about it is not lying in my opinion.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

EXCELLENT THREAD!!!!

There have been some very good (and provable) points that we can ALL bring out to hard-headed JWs for showing actual examples of when the WTS LIED!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

We are not a commercialized publishing house and we do not invest any money given or made by sales of any kind to stocks or mutual funds investments

• Romulus
    Romulus

"Has the Watchtower ever officially LIED"? Read Jeremiah 23:40

JW's practice "disfellowshipping" it's members.

According to Jeremiah 23:40 and being guilty of "FALSE PROPHECY" God Almighty disfellowshipped Jehovahs Witnesses when He spoke to Jeremiah back around 562 B.C. This is a true example of God's sovereignty.

A lie remains a lie until truth is revealed..., God revealed truth when He spoke to to Jeremiah.

Let's be clear on something "Yea, Let God be true but everyman a liar" Romans 3:4

Jehovahs Witnesses cannot "explain away" Jeremiah 23:40..., it simply cannot be done.

You will find that many of their teachings are directly aligned with what Satan believes.

Here's the comparison: 1) Satan was a liar from the beginning; 2) Jehovah's Witnesses were liars from the beginning.

FALSE PROPHECY IS NOT EXCUSED NOR FORGIVEN BY GOD, this does not require a meeting of the minds to figure out but it's just what Jehovahs Witnesses want you to do "DEBATE" with them.

They are "verbal gymnists" STICK TO GOD'S WORD when dealing with them!!

• choosing life
    choosing life

They lied when they stated they were changing to a donation only basis for literature offered at people's homes because they wanted to "give free". They actually did it to avoid paying taxes after they lost a lawsuit they joined in on with Jimmy Swaggert.

They are the epitome of a lie.

Oh yeah, and my unborn child would never reach the age of five before God destroyed the wicked and brought about peace. He is in his 30's now.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think the originators of the Watchtower like C.T.Russell was just a power playing opportunist using his public persona as a Revered to push

his own inquired ideologies and did in fact utilized his profession as a salesman in promotion of his magazines with the company " Tower Publishing "

A good plausible guess would be most of his biblical ideologies were contrived with the idea of pushing the sales of the literature, some might argue the point that

he really did have an honest belief, but I kind of think once a salesman always a salesman. Any case his lawyer Rutherford saw the potential power of the organization

and grabbed it with zeal including the incoming money that it was making and there you have the JWS, the printing machines haven't stopped since.

• fresia
    fresia

The Governing Body is one massive lie of deception, not only is it not scriptual they have set themselves up as mediator between God and man, usurping Christs rightful possition, and as a false idol. totally wicked.

• fresia
    fresia

The last sentence of tomorrows watchtower, Aug 15th page 26.

What amazing thrilling events are IMMEDIATELY ahead of us!

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

It seems to me there has been a thread here regarding the Proclaimers book and all the misrepresentations they made in it regarding their history. Anyone know of any gems there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit