Has the Watchtower ever officially LIED?

by Dead Man Joaquin 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Back 60 years ago they said millions now living will never die.........ooops

Probably the most ominous lie they presented to the general public was " We are the one and only of god's earthly organization on earth " now thats what I call real good bullshit .

• tula
  • 4mylove
    4mylove

I just love you guys!!!!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Back 60 years ago they said millions now living will never die.........ooops

Almost 90 years ago.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Lied? Well, let's see...I was told I'd never graduate H.S., never have kids before the new system.

I'm 42, graduated H.S., College, married 21 years have 3 kids the youngest of whom is a senior in high school... lied? Yes they lied.

nj

• restrangled
    restrangled

Just ask anyone who went through the big 1975 scare. None of us were to graduate High School. There was total panic, and anyone who sold their home to move and start pioneering, or move out to the boonies to save their families was applauded.

r.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Zion’s Watch Tower 1894 July 15 p.227 “But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning , but for theend of the time of trouble .

Awake! 1973 January 22 p.8 “… Jehovah's witnesses pointed to the year 1914, decades in advance , as marking the start of "the conclusion of the system of things.”

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Quite a good commercial con was it not Jehovah now has a billion dollars in assets Jehovah is such a crook

• changeling
    changeling

They lied about the true reason and depth of involvement with the UN as an NGO of the DPI.

Oh, but the rank and file don't deserve to know the truth about this issue, so, no, according to their definition of lying, I guess not...

So why do I "feel" I was lied to? Maybe my definition is more honest...

changeling

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

They lied when they said that the Faithful and Discreet Slave was a class made up of only faithful adherents to a particular religion and that this group served as God's sole channel of communication to the world.

They lied when they said salvation can only be possible through a single organization.

They lied when they said regular meeting attendance was vital for spiritual growth.

They lied when they said they, as an organization, have Christian love for one another.

They lied when they told me they never joined the UN/DPI, but that they merely registered.

They lied when they wrote that there is no evidence concretely ruling out 607 BC as the date for the fall of Jerusalem.

They lied when they told me, through the book Survival Into a New Earth, that everyone who is not a baptized Jehovah's Witness but is of an age of accountability will be destroyed at Armageddon.

They lied when they told my father that he would never have the time to achieve a successful career in this system because the end was so close.

They lied when they told my grandfather that pursuing fleshly things like a family and a lucrative career were wasted efforts since God would soon destroy this world and bring in a new one.

They lied when they told my great-grandfather that millions living then would never die.

alt

They lie every time they claim the name Christian, since they do not even proclaim the kingdom of Christ, much less permit a personal relationship with the one they call King, savior, redeemer, High Priest, and teacher. They don't even allow their adherents to speak with this central figure of Christianity.

They lie when they claim authority from God.

They lie when they claim their paltry organizational growth is due to God's blessing, but the phenomenal organizational growth of other religions is due to Satan's influence.

They lie when they claim that all those they count are active proclaimers of God's word and kingdom—we well know that all they count are active reporters of time and placements, they do not know the contents of the message carried by individual publishers or even whether the reports are legitimate. They nowhere list the numbers of baptized publishers versus unbaptized publishers, though they no doubt have this information.

Yes, they specifically lie.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit