Has the Watchtower ever officially LIED?

by Dead Man Joaquin 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bluebell
    bluebell

great thread - am going to save this one!

and welcome to romulus!

• Ri
    Ri

The Watch Tower org. are a product of "The Father of the Lie". JW's need to wake up!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

DMJ

Here is my favorite Watchtower lie. It's about Johannes Greber and his bible tranlation.

http://www.watchman.org/jw/greber.htm

Greber Supports New World Translation: Watchtower Cites Occult Spiritist

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

in the november 15 2006 wt this statement is made...(page 27 pp3)

"Disfellowshipping takes place only if a member of the congregation unrepentantly engages in gross sin" (italics their's)

even allowing their definition of a gross sin and rejecting multi offenders...this is a lie

plenty of first time genuinely repentant 'wrong'doers have been df-ed...and the person who wrote this, and the gb who approved it know this and continue to lie about it in the hope that most r&f don't know it and the rest accept it for fear of reprisals.

and jehovah does nothing

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

From 1918 to 1922, Rutherford gave a talk, internationally, entitled, "The World Has Ended—Millions Now Living Will Never Die."

(1) The world had not ended.

(2) If the current JW dogma is correct, only about 1,000 or so who were at least babies at that time will actually still be alive at Armageddon.

However, in Jehovah's Witnesses: Proclaimers of God's Kingdom Jehovah's Witnesses correctly state that this outrightly false prophecy, and the complementary book marketing campaign, was responsible for tripling their adherents over a four year. Without this false prophecy the movement would have shriveled and died an early death, never having poisoned my family.

I think this lie was the greatest marketing campaign they have ever had.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I cant remember the exact quotes, but here goes:

"This is the utterance of Jehovah, that this generation of 1914 will not pass away" ---- Folks once this generation completely passes away, then they will have lied on God.

but here's the clincher, they turn around and make the most ridiculous statement----"We are not prophets" and "NEVER have we prophesied in God's name"

They are bald faced liars, case closed !!!!

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

If there really was a place called "Blazes" they the GB would be their bowing on their fingers and toes.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

numerous times no doubt, but only one lie really stands out in my mind that I will/could never forget. Back in ca. 1970 there was a caption in the Awake that told how to get rid of a tattoo. My brother having a small one on his arm, tried their recommendation, it didn't work. It said something about rubbing the area with salt. Well, my brother having a high tolerance to pain, did that, to the point where the skin looked terribly raw. It did not work at all.

LINDA

• Beagle
    Beagle

I'd love to see that tattoo quote if anyone can find iut!

• KW13
    KW13

Sometimes a lie would be too obvious. If you've ever read George Orwell's book 1984 you'll remember how information was manipulated for various reasons and it gained 'Big Brother' (in our case the Organization) more. Particularly the Manipulation of Words & Definition. For example, We are not Inspired by God's Holy Spirit we are 'Guided' etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit