Bill O'Reilly- Restaurant was nice, ''even though it's run by blacks''

by nvrgnbk 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Iron Rod
    Iron Rod

Sorry, but I just don't see the "out of context" arguement.

Just to put what I'm about to say in context....I'm a conservative minded person myself, but I can't stand Bill O'Reilly. He comes across as a pompous jerk to me.

What do you think.....is this another ImusGate?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When I was young time and time again I would get comments of wonder about my table manners "Wow you eat so proper!" Like a black person can't eat a meal with some decorum. Guess which group I would get this comment from...Black Folks!

I'm not surprised Bill O'Reilly said it...he has a curious habit of saying things other folks only think about and then acting like the victim when he puts his foot in his mouth. Poor baby

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Out of context?!?

The context was him expressing surprise that a black-owned restaurant with mostly black customers had decent food and a nice atmospshere, as though there was something about black owners or black customers that made this unlikely.

That was the context and the guy is a racist pig.

As with some racist pigs, he might not agree with the assesment, and some might engage in apolgetics to try and cover his bahaviour, but at the end of the day he was expressing the surprise that black owners or black customers could create a pleasent dining experience.

This should signal the end of his career, just as the handling of the Jena case should signal the end of the career of the DA in LaSalle county.

Even if in their little minds they aren't racist behaviour like that is unacceptable.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

TRUST ME PEOPLE! There are bigots and racists everywhere, and it's not just WHITE PEOPLE!!!!! Trust me on this! I think that we as a nation need to stop nitpicking every time some idiot opens his mouth and says something bigoted or racist. You and I know that whatever the idiot said, it's probably not true, so just ignore it. There are just as many black bigots and racists as there are white. Growing up in metro Atlanta, I think I met just about every black bigot in the western hemisphere! Black talk show hosts like Tom Joyner shoot off their big, ignorant mouths saying things like George Bush caused hurricane Katrina to kill blacks and that white people created AIDS to kill blacks..... and NOBODY bats an eye at his comments! Kanye West gets on live national TV and flat out tells the whole country that the President doesn't care about black people, and that was OK. What if we ignored the Bill O'Reilleys and Kanye Wests of the world? Why do we still listen to people like this? Obviously somebody likes what they're saying, otherwise they wouldn't get paid anymore to say these things.

So, back to Bill O'Reilly.... He has said a lot of stupid things. Whether he said them to be funny or not doesn't matter. Hell, if you think about it, it IS funny, mainly because it illustrates his ignorance! But, a professional like O'Rielly has to know that everything he says is under scrutiny and that if he doesn't want to take heat for his comments he needs to think before he speaks. Personally, and mind you, I'm saying PERSONALLY.... I don't care what ANY of these people say. Screw them and their ignorance. They aren't friends or associates of mine. I'm about as worried about Bill O'Reilley's comments as I am worried about what kind of underwear he puts on in the morning. Just as long as he doesn't show up at my house insulting me or my family. Then we'll have a problem.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

The only thing I question is how Bill felt that Don Imus was rightfully fired, yet makes a statement like that which I think is just as bad and wants to defend himself. Other then that I could care less, I personally find Bill a liar and jerk.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Just as long as he doesn't show up at my house insulting me or my family. Then we'll have a problem.

I understand you're White with a Black wife, right? How does SHE feel about this? Whenever a White person insults ONE Black person, he insults ALL Black people. When will you guys get it?

This is 2007 for goodness' sake! Bill O'Reilly and his ilk are just showing the world how small-minded and stupid they really are. This also shows us Black folks that no matter how much we may be on top of our game, we're still counted as nothing in the eyes of bigoted White folks.

This is a shame and a disgrace.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

This needs to be kept out front.

Sylvia

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I understand you're White with a Black wife, right? How does SHE feel about this? Whenever a White person insults ONE Black person, he insults ALL Black people. When will you guys get it?

My wife doesn't care one way or the other. We only get offended if people verbally accost us personally. The way we see it, "we" are not "them". I don't really consider myself as belonging to any particular group, and neither does my wife, so we don't really get angry when somebody insults a skin color. We are just people. We belong to the human race. To us, it is obvious that someone who insults another person just because of skin color is an idiot. We rarely consult the opinions of idiots. People like my wife and myself judge people on an individual basis. It does not even occur to us to judge people simply on basis of race.

That being said, there are many people that DO judge people on basis of race. I know they are out there. I have met people of all races that hate people of other races, religions or nationalities. Sometimes, it is easy to let those people's thoughts and attitutes bother you. You and I both wish those people weren't around, and we'd rather not be exposed to the crap that spews out of their mouths. But, I have reached the realization that those people are out there, and they will always be there. We chose not to listen to them, because we know that the things that they say aren't true and don't apply to us. So, that's why I said that just as long as they don't attack me or my family personally, I'm not worried about it. Let them talk. It's a useful tool, when you think about it. If some idiot is spouting racist crap, that's a pretty good indicator of whether or not they're a racist. Stay away from those people. Simple enough. Come to my house instead. We'll grill some steaks, have a beer and enjoy ourselves.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Make mine medium rare

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thank you for your reply, Dorktacular. It just gets to be too much at times. My 18-year old daughter graduated second in her class this year. She attended a school for international studies that offered the IB program. You should have seen the looks of consternation on the faces of the White parents that a Black child could out perform their little darlings blisters.

This is supposedly a Christian nation; can you imagine Christ making such a statement?

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit