Hello everyone, first post.

by Frjprice 108 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty
    You told, not me, I have lots of confessions Honesty, you were just one of many. Don't ya feel special?

You haven't been the co-host on any of those late-night talk shows have you?

• sweetstuff
  • Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Welcome. I'm fairly new, too. Have fun. Look forward to your posts.

• Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun
    Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone here - as I will be posting here.

First, a warm welcome to you Mr. Price. Notice I did not call you by the title "Father" as I am still a believer very much in Matthew 23:9 for the stand against religious piety. I hope this is not offensive, but I am still a believer in some basics. I do only have one Father in Heaven that I believe in. I left the org in the spirit a long time ago, although I occasionally still show up at a meeting every once and a while in the flesh, mainly to see friends and family. I suppose you could say I am a drifter that has done independant historical study, and just see too much contradiction in a great deal of the canonized bible.

I grew up a JW and pioneered, was a ministerial servant, ect, I was in the organization for 17 years. I left and naturally my family did as they were told and cut off all communication with me. This left a horrible taste in my mouth for not just JW's, but any religion for that matter.

I can sympathize with the first part, but I have yet to "leave" the organzation and experience cut off. I may not have to, if possible, but if that day comes so be it. I know ultimately in my heart that I am serving God with spirit and truth which requires no presence of the flesh or those who think in the flesh.

The desire to serve god eventually overwhealmed me and I started searching for a church, found catholicism, long story short, studied and was ordained a priest on aug. 11th. at which point my family went above and beyond the call of duty and started spreading exagerated and some untrue things to people around them about me - even non-JW's.

This is the part that I will probably have the most difficulty understanding how or why you did this. The most recent studies I have been conducting in my own spare time have shown me that there is no need for an assembly of "believers" that need to "meet" somewhere for any reason really. I am sorry to hear about your family, but I guess they are not really a family after all? Jesus did bring a sword (Matthew 10:34) I suppose didn't he? The untruths are spread by ALL religious institutions is something that I am learning quite quickly. It's best to avoid em' all. It is not flesh and blood we are against, but those sticky principalities in the high places of the religious institutions.

I am an apologist for the church and currently run an ex-jw meetup group locally, and am in the process of making a website for my ministry, which is running a support group for ex-jw's and the evangelization of current members. My site is www.exjwsupport.com.

It is great to expose the lies of the organization, but I would seriously reconsider trading them for new ones, or at least, to be polite, new questionable doctrines. I think a lot of people here are going to benefit more if we just start with pointing out the false prophecies of the org, the hypocrisies of our time with the org, and the experiences we can share that ultimately show us where we are at.

Twice cooked pork is not the answer. In other words, "reevangelizing" a JW might not be the best route to help people.

Sorry to be blunt this morning, but I am in a bad mood for some unexplainable reason.

Matt

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do you wanna play a game of chess? Best two out of three and a draw doesn't count.

• JK666
    JK666

trjprice, Welcome to JWD! JK

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Do you wanna play a game of chess? Best two out of three and a draw doesn't count.

I'll win, bring it.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I'll win, bring it.

I cheat.

Ya still want me to bring it?

• Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun

Just a side note... from the link "Universal Catholic"

• We allow women to be ordained Deacons, Priests and Bishops.
      • Our priests are allowed to marry.
      • We ordain openly gays and lesbians who are partnered or single.
      • We will never discriminate against anyone regardless of race, gender, sexuality, age, or marital status.

The Gospel of John clearly states that, "For God so loved the world that He gave His
      only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal
      life."

"Whoever believes in Him" means follows and does the things he asks. He was clear about fornicators, idolaters, murderers, thieves, etc. They will not enter the Kingdom, as it was spoken by Paul of Tarsus in 1 Corinthians, (I am sure we all know that verse). But more to the point, he was specific about the marriage laws, and what they mean. The sermon in Matthew is clear what that "Son" wants his followers to believe about the concept of husband and wife. Don't get me wrong, gays and lesbians can do what they like, and be that way, as long as they realize they are not followers of Christ.

Maybe, just maybe, I am receiving a warning sign again, by hearing this. Not sure yet. Openly ordaining gays and lesbians is a strange bedfellow. What about pedophiles? Do you openly ordain them too? How about people that think it's ok to steal? I don't think God is loving the whole world. The Gospel of John is overused to confuse and open a door to iniquity. It's really not a book that belongs in the canon of the bible at all, since it was most likely written by some Gnostics having fun with the concept of a solar deity. (Horus, Dionysus, etc).

Mr. Price, nothing personal, please, remember, this is not directed at you, but your post sparked an emotion in me, I suppose. Anything I say is usually nothing personal. It's just when I see a church that may very well be a haven for perverts it pisses me off. The fact that I am still technically baptized into one right now is something I think I am going to take care of right now. Perhaps your post helped more than you realize. Time to go down and tell the elders I am ready to leave and to get started on those disfellowshiping papers. I want them to get the whole ordeal done at tonight's service meeting.

Matt

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hey there! Welcome to the board!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit