Hello everyone, first post.

by Frjprice 108 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Welcome Fr. Price

Years ago I met an ex-Mormon who became a Jewish Rabbi so hearing about an ex-JW who became a Priest comes as no shock to me.

• BFD
    BFD

bsom, take a pill.

I didn't read his web site either and I mentioned that my brother could never be a priest because he's too horny.

Leave My Granny alone!!

btw, I think I just became an Emperor.

BFD

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Mouthy I don't know what the freaking hell I ever did to you but if you have a problem with me personally take it to me pm and do not air it on the board.

• mouthy
    mouthy

It would have been nice if you had e-mailed me privately when you saw my error .So take your own advice

• Kudra
    Kudra

Can someone define the term "apologist" for me?

I thought of it always as a negative term- i.e. people who are always making excuses for the JWs were- JW apologists.

The Father here seems to embrace that term in a positive way- I don't understand.

Thanks

• mouthy
    mouthy

Leave My Granny alone!!

btw, I think I just became an Emperor.

BFD

Thanks sweetie & congrats on Emperor

• BFD
    BFD

• Frjprice
    Frjprice
    Can someone define the term "apologist" for me?

I thought of it always as a negative term- i.e. people who are always making excuses for the JWs were- JW apologists.

The Father here seems to embrace that term in a positive way- I don't understand.

Thanks

To answer Kudra,

The term apologist means a person who makes a defense of an idea, thought, belief ect.

Or to put it as the dictionary; "A person who argues in defense or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution."

I have friends in Mexico City that take me to their local churches and their bassillica. I am aware that both religions , people are pushed into the religion whether they like it or not. The difference is that you can attend a catholic church whenever you want, and your family will always love you. I don't know if they shun if you convert, but they do not hassle anyone if you are infrequent or simply stop. I believe there is not ime cards either.

An obvious similarity is that there are pedophiles in both beliefs, but the Catholics admit it and deal with it.

The other difference is that I see local folks (mexican) coming and have a humble, but proud appearance. I see no arrogance. Just hope. I was never judged by my physical appearance. (Being a green eyed Canadian).

I however have never been in a Hall, so I will not judge those inside. Now on the outside....... .

-Worldtraveller

Right, the roman church does stand up to their mistakes instead of deney them. As far as being able to attend when ever you want, catholics are required to fulfill what we call the sunday obligation, that is, attending a mass that sunday or a saturday evening in an anticipitory mass. Attending mass on the other days of the week is not required, but isn't viewed as a bad thing. True if you miss a sunday, the most the other members of the church will do is probably ask how you are. The other big difference is that catholics are very ecumenical, that is, we're actually encouraged to attend other churchs and find out what others believe.

The desire to serve god eventually overwhealmed me and I started searching for a church, found catholicism, long story short, studied and was ordained a priest on aug. 11th. at which point my family went above and beyond the call of duty and started spreading exagerated and some untrue things to people around them about me - even non-JW's.

This is the part that I will probably have the most difficulty understanding how or why you did this. The most recent studies I have been conducting in my own spare time have shown me that there is no need for an assembly of "believers" that need to "meet" somewhere for any reason really. I am sorry to hear about your family, but I guess they are not really a family after all? Jesus did bring a sword (Matthew 10:34) I suppose didn't he? The untruths are spread by ALL religious institutions is something that I am learning quite quickly. It's best to avoid em' all. It is not flesh and blood we are against, but those sticky principalities in the high places of the religious institutions.

I am an apologist for the church and currently run an ex-jw meetup group locally, and am in the process of making a website for my ministry, which is running a support group for ex-jw's and the evangelization of current members. My site is www.exjwsupport.com.

It is great to expose the lies of the organization, but I would seriously reconsider trading them for new ones, or at least, to be polite, new questionable doctrines.

-Lloyd Braun

And no offence taken, those that dont call me father and friends call me jp usually. I should have phrased that better, or in more detail. I could have worded it, In my research of religions, catholicism found me. I strongly believe that the catholic church is the church founded by christ, that peter was the first pope, and all else that comes with it, and I believe that their is more than enough eidence both in sacred scripture and in history to back up the church's claims. But thats a dicussion I'll save for an article on my website, or another area on the forum if it comes up.

Oh, and may the peace and grace of our lord jesus christ, the love of god and the fellowship of the holy spirit be with you as well, Edmond!

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

My cousin is a nondenominational priest in the prison system hw does all kind of ceromonies his name is Paul > A real priest here in this neighboehood should make for some interesting posts

• Twitch
    Twitch

Frjprice

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit