Was There Any Watchtower Interpretation That You Never Quite Understood?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I knew what the Watchtower taught regarding the "Faithful & Discreet Slave Class" but how they could ever suggest that "domestics" were "individual members" of the anointed that were given food to the other anointed ones, yet they specifically were not members of the Governing Body, but the Governing Body represented the group that would take the lead in feeding others, was beyond me! The whole interpretation of the FDS doctrine is ridiculous!

Were there certain things that puzzled you as to how the Watchtower could come up with a particular view??

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mark 4: 26 So he went on to say: “In this way the kingdom of God is just as when a man casts the seed upon the ground, 27 and he sleeps at night and rises up by day, and the seed sprouts and grows tall, just how he does not know. 28 Of its own self the ground bears fruit gradually, first the grass-blade, then the stalk head, finally the full grain in the head. 29 But as soon as the fruit permits it, he thrusts in the sickle, because the harvesttime has come.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was never satisfied with the explanation that this parable refers to a sowing of personalities within the congregation - whether good or bad. It didn't make any sense. I can vividly recall that WT study where everyone was perplexed.

Sylvia

• Gopher
    Gopher

The teaching about the "faithful and discreet slave class" and the "domestics" was confusing.

In the Bible passage, the faithful and discreet slave was appointed OVER the domestics, to give them food at the proper time.

In Watchtower-land, the faithful and discreet slave is the anointed class, whereas the domestics are the same anointed ones viewed individually.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the legalistic explanation of why Jesus is only mediator to the 144000 and not for me.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

That God had no begining or end.

That man had free will.

• Gopher
    Gopher

That God had no begining or end.

That man had free will.

It's true the WTS taught these things, but these view were not unique to the Watchtower.

• minimus
    minimus

I never understood why they still teach the contents of the Revelation Climax! book! The interpretations are so far fetched, it's laughable!!

• seek2find
    seek2find

How about their explanation that "The least of these" in Matt. 25:45 are only members of the 144000? It's their way out of doing charity work I guess. How are they going to feel when Christ says "be on your way to the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels? How can they be so arrogant????

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Proverbs 4:18 The fact that they can explain away changes in their teachings. This scripture is the escape hatch for them when THE LIGHT ( A NEW TEACHING ) needs an adjustment. They will use it anytime to fit any changes in their interpretations of doctrines and prophecies as their out in making many mistakes.

Blueblades

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

When I was 8, I asked the midst of a book study how a person could be brought back to life in the resurrection after being non-existent. The Society was claiming that a person non-existent in death was at the same time preserved in God's memory in a fashion similar to audiotape or film. I said that I didn't understand this because these things preserve only a copy of the person, but not the person himself/herself. It seemed almost as if a copy of me would be resurrected, not me. The study conductor did not answer my question to my satisfaction. The Society never has as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit