Was There Any Watchtower Interpretation That You Never Quite Understood?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

How about the biblical interpretation of we are living in the last days, all of the things stated that were signs were also present in biblical times, and sometimes worst

couldn't pull any rational out of that , only thing I did realize was the person that wrote or said theses words was BSing. But nevertheless the WTS used and exploited those

particular words to help market their own litature..........and it worked

Sadly people still have faith and believe that the bible is the word of god and this is where the WTS could manipulate that thought for their own gain.

• freyd
    freyd

There were several, but the FDS was the chief one. Also Romans 11

• Clam
    Clam

Didn't get or take on board that no miracles, visions etc would be evident (and from Jehovah), once all the apostles were dead.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Matthew 24:29: "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken."

Back when it was explained that the Great Tribulation began in 1914 and there was an interruption about 1919, finally culminating in the final part of the tribulation which was Armageddon (which was supposed to have happened years ago,) I thought I sort of understood this scripture. Then new light stated that the Great Tribulation didn't begin until Armageddon (a future date). Well GB member, Albert Schroeder, visited our house for dinner one night (not long after the new light started blinking) and I asked him what this scripture now meant. He explained the the tribulation was really the tribulation that occurred in 70 CE with the destruction of Jerusalem, but the rest of the scripture applied to the events of our day. I asked how this could be because it said "immediately." He explained that "immediately" could really be 1900+ years, quoting the scripture in Rev. 1:1 about the vision given to John being about events that would "shortly" take place.

I found it totally confusing but, like a good JW, I accepted it.

Bonnie

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

I was given a talk assignment where the scriptures regarding the 1,260 days and the 2,520 days pointed to a discourse given at an assembly in 1919. I went to the house of an elder in another hall and asked him if we really believed that a bible prophecy pointed to an assembly part. He hemmed and hawed and said that that is what the FDS teaches. He sidestepped whether or not he agreed with the teaching. I didn't. I told him it was ludicrous and I didn't know how I was supposed to say that from the platform with a straight face. Fortunately for me, the meeting was cancelled that night because the roads got very icy.

CCS

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding that miracles would cease, the Society has clearly expressed that much of what's happened in the 20th and 21st centuries regarding the JW growth is in fulfillment of Bible prophecy and miraculous.

• Clam
    Clam
    Regarding that miracles would cease, the Society has clearly expressed that much of what's happened in the 20th and 21st centuries regarding the JW growth is in fulfillment of Bible prophecy and miraculous.

HA !!

• tula
    tula

They are totally screwed up on what a domestic really is. Give me a week with the GB and I'll train them.

"Dust my shoes"

Leona

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.."New Light"..As a kid I thought this was absolute bullshit..And..I found out it`s something you shouldn`t tell your brain washed parents..Shut Up..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Musicman
    Musicman

John 10:14-16 - I am the Good Shepherd, and I know those that are Mine, and I am known by those who are Mine. Even as the Father knows Me, I also know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep. And I have other sheep who are not of this fold. I must also lead those and they shall hear My voice, and there shall be one flock, one Shepherd.

Reading this passage on my own, I think its pretty obvious that he's talking about the Gentiles, as most of the rest of the bible after the Gospels deals with Gentiles and the beginning Christian Congregations. How this could be taken to mean that he is speaking about those who will have everlasting life on earth, as opposed to those going to heaven, is beyond me.

Musicman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit