gettinjg my fiance out

by TheGreyGuardsman 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Do yourself a favor grey, treat the woman you love so much as though she has a brain of her own. She doesn't need to see anything YOUR way, and she doesn't need you to show her what to believe. You are marrying her right? So she must have qualities you adore and respect correct? Is this more about you and how you feel the need to make her see things YOUR way?

You say you would openly oppose things you deem incorrect, yet instead of frankly and honestly, discussing your concerns with her, you want advice on how to manipulate her into viewing things as you do. Grow some balls and man up! Talk to her honestly, RESPECT HER. Give her your opinions and let her form her own. You sound like a total control freak, you are a witness yourself yet you are so bothered that she doesn't see everything your way.

And by the way, you judging anyone on here is the epitome of hypocrisy! Mister I don't take no crap, I tell it like it is, why don't you go march yourself into the elders, show them your postings and that you are a member here, and just see how you are treated. Your azz will be grass before you can say, Jehovah.

De-program yourself before you ever attempt to de-program another.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    This above all: to thine own self be true; And it must follow, as the night the day; Thou canst not then be false to any man.

William Shakespeare, 'Hamlet,' Act I, Scene iii

When I stray from this, I always find regret.

Good luck.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    SIGH firstly I am a jw! i believe darn near everything cept for the idolatry

You are losing your audience here with your thinking. You darn near believe everything except one thing.
    You have read Ray Franz, so you must reject his take on things. You must believe that God's spirit
    operates by a 2/3rds majority vote. Why are you reading information that JDub rules tell you not to read?

Being a JDub means not only thinking their view of the Bible is correct (doctrine) but also believing their
    leaders are God's representatives. That means wherever they fall short of your beliefs, you follow their
    understanding because "God is with them." You sacrifice your independent thinking for two reasons:
    (1) you must remain in unity with the brotherhood above all else and (2) the leaders tell you that
    independent thinking is wrong- just look it up. As a believing JDub, you do not encourage others to
    question any of the doctrine. If you do not live up to this, then you are not a faithful loyal JDub.

You say you would openly violate their directions on a child abuse issue. I agree with you. Save the child.
    You say legalism is not the lord of Christianity. Then JW's are not Christianity, because the WTS is all
    about legalism.

You also said "I also disagreed on the stupid people who want their family to die so they wont be destroyed
    and the ressurected ones wil be celibate but those who live on into it wont..." Please elaborate.
    Do you believe that family should live on to be destroyed? Do you believe family should be cherished regardless
    of whether they ever accept WTS as God's one true religion, and just let God be their judge?

As far as the resurrected ones being celibate and not the Great Crowd, you are questioning the Bible itself there
    and not a particular doctrine. I say that because accepting the JW view of paradise and Armageddon, there
    really is no other explanation for that scripture, otherwise WT would have come up with it. So are you doubting the
    Bible, or a bunch of other WTS teachings? I don't offer other explanations for the teachings, but Christendom does.
    To accept other explanations of the scriptures, you are saying WT is wrong and Christendom is right.

Bottom line: WTS teaches things you don't agree with. You violate the rules by reading apostate literature.
    You want your fiance to disagree with WTS- a huge violation. You encourage independent thinking and a violation
    of their two-witness rule to protect children.

You might think I am mad at you, but really I see you as one of us more than one of them. You are not a JW, but
    are leading a double life. If your fiance were leading a double life, then you will be happier, but if she doesn't, you are
    willing to be miserable because your love for her is stronger than that. I think that's a beautiful thing, man. Just
    keep working on her and she will see the need to either lead a double life with you or else she will shun you. Either
    way, your problem is solved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit