gettinjg my fiance out

by TheGreyGuardsman 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

For thinking ability, try the book, Logic and Contemporary Rhetoric by Kahane.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Also, the book, Who wrote the Bible by friedman.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Wow, you sound pretty confused. Your typing reads like you are in a hurry and don't want to be caught.

• TheGreyGuardsman
    TheGreyGuardsman

my typing sucks,and honestly shes not super loyal to wt teaching i openly disagree about many things and she agrees,i just dont want to make her believe anything that isnt needed,the main thing which sickens me is the idolatry that actually is mainly it,and I told her if anything goes against scripture ever i will openly oppose it and be disfeowshipped and she said she loves me and knows i love Jehovah,we spoke on the child abuse issue, and i said that if i was an elder on a case and we couldnt expose him because of the two witness rule i would in the meeting in front of all the others tel the person to go to the police and expose the man, even if he was an elder and get disfelowhipped and shunned by everyone i love because i said legalism is not the lord over christianity its the other way around if a child says something happened it does not know what it was its even talking about it cannot make it up,and i also said i know for a fact Christ Jesus woul be angry at making the word of God invalid due to tradition,mentioned how Jesus went against the law many times for the principles behind those laws. I also disagreed on the stupid people who want their family to die so they wont be destroyed and the ressurected ones wil be celibate but those who live on into it wont and she agreed,shes not fuly indoctrinated,because she never tested anything really,and i just want her to learn to reason independantly because i dont want her to go with my thoughts because i am fallible and will be wrong alot, but for us both to use our minds and see the essence of the message.

• TheGreyGuardsman
    TheGreyGuardsman

btw I have read ray franz book in search of christin freedom n own coc

• steve2
    steve2

The trouble with being blinded by love before marriage is that you'll have lots and lots of time to repent afterwards. Having a JW wife is probably not the worst thing a newly-wed man could face; but why would you knowingly tie the knot with someone whose right to her beliefs you don't seem to respect? I'm kind of feeling sorry for your fiancee - does she know what your intentions are - really? If she did know, I'd guess trust would be blown even before the ring's on her finger.

From your perspective, if you really want to get your fiancee out of the JWs, you may eventually come to the dismal conclusion that you first need to select a woman who isn't a JW and has at least a few active brain cells that will ensure she won't come under their spell or that of any other simpleton religious group. Start with a non-JW woman; believe me, your longer-term luck in love will be so much better.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles
    i wanna open her mind to think before i get into any witness particular errors,i have on my site

Please explain the above statement? You want her to think before you explain JDUB errors?

What would be the purpose of introducing someone to Doctrine you probably think are true to explain errors then stay as a JDUB!

I hope you understand, perhaps you need to seek pre martial counseling?

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles
    and as for that you have to respect her beliefs no matter what they are,that liberal remark makes me sick. and i would and her beliefs are for the most part mine, save for the overt adoration of men. and it would be nice if they were just that HER BELIEFS,and not beliefs she just accept because someone else who she thinks with no evidence has god given rights to make them and impose them tells her she must believe or die. before i met her she didnt have any reasoning ability they would avoid going to harry potter because it was announced and go sit through lord of the rings ect. (not that either is bad just an example) elders in her area talk openly about movies which are objectionable (according to the wt standards save for the fact that they arent mentioned by name) many of them act as if its there religion and not their life. and btw i am a jw and a servant, i just wanna get her out in that her mind is free and we can study the bible happily together. and dont ask why i still love her because i do and my reasons are my own and i do not wish to discuss that aspect because its happening and she is my wife in both our hearts. so if anyone has advice on how to help her to THINK and reason ,biblically and without man as her mediator but Christ alone,let me know

OK Gary, I understand! Now that I realized your girlfriend is a JDUB, your on the right track of wanting to expand her mind. You say you love her, prior to marriage express you view points! She should have the right to know up front how you feel about JDUB doctrines.

Remember, not expressing you feelings is part of being dishonest and it will come back to bite you.

Maybe you need to realize that you will fall inlove again and life will go on!

Let me know if need to say, "I told you so." OH and no matter what you think YOU are not a Jehovah's Witnesses and JDUBS have you marked!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I do not think you should get married. Not that you are not mature, but she is, right now, the wrong person for you.

Marraige is not about changing the other person to mold to your interests.

Her interests & heart differs. If she comes out, then perhaps you two can hit it off again.

What happens if you have children, and she stays in? You will be stuck in a relationship. Divorce? Hurt the kids?

You are setting yourself up for more heart ache down the road, then by being honest with her now.

Honesty is the most crucial thing in a marraige. You are not there, are you?

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I do not think you should get married. Not that you are not mature, but she is, right now, the wrong person for you.

Marraige is not about changing the other person to mold to your interests.

Her interests & heart differs. If she comes out, then perhaps you two can hit it off again.

What happens if you have children, and she stays in? You will be stuck in a relationship. Divorce? Hurt the kids?

You are setting yourself up for more heart ache down the road, then by being honest with her now.

Honesty is the most crucial thing in a marraige. You are not there, are you?

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit