My brief story

by 4mylove 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

At the Memorial it is real wine. Real, CHEAP wine! You are better to go without.

JK

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Greendawn,

I know all too well. He told me once that his parents were starting to get pressure from the congo to not associate with him because he was not living in biblical principle, or however you want to word it. When he told me on that faithful argument night that no one would ever tell him how to run his household, i reminded him of that statement. I explained that they wouldn't have to tell him what to do, they'll just suggest or say that they do not "endorse" it...such b/s. I also (regretted it later) told him while crying from the bottom of my heart that i don't doubt that his brother doesn't think about him every day of his life and can't pick up the phone and ask how he was doing because some bastards in New York say it is not right. Sorry...this really gets to me. I've learned all to well that patience is a virtue...

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

I hope this is just a hiccup and that things will settle down and your husband "wakes" up soon-

((hugs))

• 4mylove
    4mylove

JK666

yeah, probably some cheap chianti, it goes great with cheap food.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Onthewayout,

This will really crack some of you up! When we were planning our wedding, my MIL said she had to talk to me. It turned out that my sis-in-law had to get married first because she was discovered to have been sleeping with her 17 y/o boyfriend, same girl that couldn't talk to me because I was worldly...i guess she didn't want to talk because a bone might fly out of her mouth. Originally she had said she could not come to my wedding because it was just wrong, but, lo and behold the day before the wedding her and her now 18y/o husband showed up at our home wanting to stay in our bedroom since we were heading out of town early to go get things ready for our out of town wedding. I guess they just wanted to completely permeate the bed with sin. Our just wasn't enough. Hahahahahahaha

• greendawn
    greendawn

Unfortunately that is the nature of this cult, it has totally warped the thinking of its followers on many issues without them realising it.

They talk so much about Biblical principles but the society itself and the leadership don't really care about them eg they never do any charity work even for long time loyal JWs.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Sweetface:

That was one of the things we both admitted to ourselves on that crazy fight night, that he married me hoping that one day we would all be one happy family and I would eventually "convert".

Sigh, its Sweetstuff, not Sweetface, got to change my ID, its official, lol. Anyhoo, sounds like he is still very brainwashed. Like I said, therapy is something he needs to have. He needs some deprogramming. Or you could always use the sex approach, read up on what dubs are and aren't allowed to do sexually in a marriage, then say, "honey, I have been looking into your faith, did you know, If I became a JW, I would never be able to....it's against the beliefs, and I can't be a hypocrite!". Better that will have him rethinking encouraging you at least.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It turned out that my sis-in-law had to get married first because...

That's precious, this add-in to the story. Don't even try to understand
    how sinning JW's can use the double standard. I was a JW and I don't
    understand it. You will find disfellowshipped people who will not read
    information from former members or vote or get drunk or whatever, yet
    they stay disfellowshipped. Some even shun other disfellowshipped
    people because it's the right thing to do. It is bizarre.

It really sounds like your husband will come around eventually. But
    still, let him know what you can so he doesn't go the other way. If
    he never totally quits, just appreciate that he doesn't want to be shunned
    by family.

I am a bitter former believer, but I try to just focus my bitterness at the
    organization and not the individuals. I used to be a captive of the false
    concepts and they still are. You may never be close to his family, but
    try to understand why he won't let go if he remains on the fringe of JW's.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Sweetstuff

Sorry about the name, you're right about the sex stuff. Don't know that he'd want to limit any of what happens behind closed doors. tee hee hee, at least i hope he wouldn't.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Sweetstuff

Sorry about the name, you're right about the sex stuff. Don't know that he'd want to limit any of what happens behind closed doors. tee hee hee, at least i hope he wouldn't.

No sweat, lol. Happens all the time. I would bet money he won't want to change that!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit