2007- Witness Meetings= Why can't women wear pants/trousers??

by Witness 007 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

When my mum went to her first meeting she was dressed to perfection, she wore nice ladies dress trouser/pants. The Witness stuying with her told her it was "Not apropriate" to wear this to the meeting...In 2006 I was in a Congregation where a Sister would put a skirt on over her pants she wore to work. It looked weird, but the pants ban still is in force 2007.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The controlling power structure of the witnesses frowns on individualism........ to control is power...... ummmm good old fashion power

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is historical. The no-pants-for-sisters rule was developed when the very thought of women
    wearing pants to a church or dressy function was equated with blasphemy. There has never
    been a removal of the rule. Never has 2/3rds of the Governing Body decided to lift the rule.

It may end soon if they get around to realizing that some teen girls might have stayed if not for
    the ridiculousness of the rule. I see the GB continuing to tighten down on the rules now, but
    perhaps flip-flopping when it doesn't work. I see them possibly saying, "Whatever you wear is
    a personal decision." They would start this at the DC level. They would continue to pressure
    the elders/MS's/pioneers to set a fine example personally and with family. They would let the members
    generally off the hook, though.

I actually hope it doesn't happen. As they enforce more ridiculous rules, they are more
    exposed as RIDICULOUS. Wouldn't it be great if they demonized the big coffee break in morning
    service?

• Clam
    Clam
    The no-pants-for-sisters rule

This sounds so rude to us Brits. (chortle)

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey if you can't stand wearing a skirt to the Kingdom Hall, how are you gonna be able to spend an eternity of gardening in one?

Better get used to it now Sista!

Open Mind

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

LOL Openmind!

• yknot
    yknot

I wear mine all the time.

The local elders know the challenge if they want to discuss it with me

1. find the scripture concerning my outfit.

2. be willing to where the same outfit (in appropriate size) with the same accessories, make-up and heels the following Tuesday all day to work and to the TMS meeting.

I have never had any takers.

• Scully
    Scully

It's necessary to differentiate between the people who have penises and the people who do not have penises.

That is all.

• R.F.
    R.F.
    Wouldn't it be great if they demonized the big coffee break in morning service?

There would be a sharp decline in field service hours. Besides, that's why many go out in the first place.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

LOL, I think Scully has a point there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit