2007- Witness Meetings= Why can't women wear pants/trousers??

by Witness 007 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Over 15 years ago we traveled to Honduras and visited the wt branch office. Because my wife (now ex) and her mother had pants on they would not let us past the front reception desk. This is a third world country and traveling was difficult. Traveling with a dress on would make it even more difficult. But there was no bending the rules.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I think it would become obvious very quickly, just who does wear the pants in the family.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. On a similar note - since it is 'biblical', why don't they require men to wear the garb that the ancients wore? (You know - the sheets and such - like they do in the 'dramas'.)

• BFD
    BFD

I think it's most likely because of an irrational fear of camel toe.

BFD

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The dress code was insufferable for me. Possibly the worst aspect of the meetings, aside from their tedium and intellectually insulting nature.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Dresses are a lot more popular now than they were in the 70's and early 80's when I was in. I always loved wearing dresses, so that wasn't an issue to me. I remember wanting desperately to wear pantyhose-until the first time I had to wear them. . .and the summer I put in lots of hours in FS. . . Now, dresses are much more 'in fashion' as well as being a lot more provocative in many cases. Heels and dresses are a lot more fun when they aren't part of long hikes through nasty driveways and yards, facing dogs and obnoxious children, all whilst trying to cover as much ground for as long as possible.

The unwritten rules are pretty much written somewhere, though, aren't they? I don't remember the '75 pantsuit anamoly, I'd like to ask my mom, but it may never have made it to the west coast before they backed off the entire thing.

• donnye
    donnye

A few months ago I wrote to the Bethel in London about my views that wearing a feminine trouser suit for meetings was more modest. This is the main thrux of the reply... "Because there is a wide diversity of opinion on this subject, local elders have the responsibility to determine clothing and grooming that may not be appropriate..." - they also advised me to look at how the C.O.'s wife was dressed in order to get some tips LOL! They then advised me that that they were providing a copy of this letter "for your local congregation elders" and at this point I felt like I was being grassed up.... Now I only attend the public talk on a Sunday, and do not attend any assemblies whatsoever - it is ridiculous having to dress up for a meeting, when, in fact you should be dressing up to go to a football match - perhaps the organization will compensate our sisters when they ruin their skirts and dresses against the horrendous seats at football stadiums...

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I hope they keep the trouser rule.

When any new female adult "bible study" first attends a meeting in a normal smart outfit, similar to what she wears to client meetings, and gets told that she is dressed inappropriately, it should set those alarm bells ringing. Run, baby, run.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

If women are not allowed to wear pants then why are they allowed to wear JACKETS in the meatings?

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

meetings LOL

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

It's all about men having control over their women folk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit