Letter that my DFed wife received from her Pioneer Mother

by Hangin_on 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• skeeder
    skeeder

I can totally relate to what you are going through, having experienced it.

I highly recommend Ray Franz' book CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE. Being a former member of the 'governing body' he put me over the top in seeing just how man made this religion is.

Things will get better for you. We don't always see how, but it works out.

S

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Two years?! How can you bear it?? I barely lasted three months. I don't want to be reinstated anymore because of exactly that kind of thing. It's emotional blackmail, poppet.

They're horrible people.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Quote: "....the way Jehovah's word outlines." ???????????? Where is that stated in the Bible? Nowhere! Jesus even sat and ate with greedy tax collectors, backstabbers etc. etc. I am still so annoyed and sad at how much JW's judge others, i.e. point fingers.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I have not read all the posts here, but I have three little children. My mom did not see her grand kids until 2000, when her and I reunited after she was disfellowshipped. While it was a great thing, she still does not know them, she has seen them maybe 4x. Its much better now, these things take time, but it was hard not having my mom around for all three of my pregnancies. It breaks your heart, but time heals alot of things. Even though we have a relationship again, she missed my entire 20s practically!

I just understand what you wife is going through, I grew up as an elders daughter, and with a pioneer mother, those JWs are so brainwashed and scared to think for themselves!

Nikki

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Must remember that M.I.L is a victim - a victim of a cult that has convinced her that it really is the channel to the Almighty and even got her to suppress her own natural love and thrill of becoming a grandparent .

• steve2
    steve2
    Must remember that M.I.L is a victim - a victim of a cult that has convinced her that it really is the channel to the Almighty and even got her to suppress her own natural love and thrill of becoming a grandparent .

That's undoubtedly part of the story, but not the full story. I strongly believe that JWs as individuals must take responsibility for their decisions regarding how they will treat others - just as all humans must. Let's not "babify" their repeated unkind behaviours! Let them hide behind the label of "mind-controlling cult" is too convenient - and far too simplistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit