Letter that my DFed wife received from her Pioneer Mother

by Hangin_on 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hangin_on
    Hangin_on

i dont know how to quote from posts in the forum but oracle... the beating part is an emotion i fight with.... I want to drive thru the doors of the KH. I want to take a baseball bat to the Elders on my comitee's cars. But I realize it wont accomplish anything and that I have to control myself.

I want to serve Jehovah but I feel that the people make it so hard.

Thanks for all your support Oracle and everyone else.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sounds to me like it's verbal blackmail, her mother should be the one who should be asking for your wife's forgiveness for bringing her up in such a vile and corrupt religion/business in

the first place.

Is this the wholesome, loving and compassionate standard that you yourself are striving to obtain for your own family, no wonder this religion causes so many divorces and family break ups.

Have you not yet made the studied and obvious observation yet that this pretentious faith is marketed on falsehood and exploitation of the people it lures toward it..

It was built on lies and manipulation and marketed as such..........wake up and smell the coffee

If you do go back to the JWS , well I guess you could say that you deserve your mother in-law without any objection.

• RR
    RR

Actually a more accurate picture would be to replace "Jehovah"m with "Governing Body" or "Society."

RR

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I really am sorry that you and your young wife have been treated so unkindly.

I guess the question is now...if you return are you willing to treat your child as your MIL is treating her child???? That is what you are required to do if you want to be an accepted JW. Think about it......what kind of father do you want to be. That is your answer for if you really want to be a JW.

Just know that we are here for you both.

Leslie

• steve2
    steve2

Your yet-to-be born child deserves better than to have a grandmother who abandons her grandchildren due to religious differences.

• Ex Nihilo
    Ex Nihilo

Please do not take that as a typical JW response. Much of my family is disfellowshipped and my I guess you could call them "higher up uin the organization" family is very kind to them. It is not expected that families will be all buddy buddy with someone that has been disfellowshipped since they are often there for a reason. I myself am not a witness, but I think they have rules for a reason. Each person decides the limitations of contact with the disfellowshipped, so it is more of a your mother in law issue than a JW issue. When you are a JW parent, if your child is sick in the hospital, df'ed or not, it is your responsibility to care for your children.

• moshe
    moshe
    I would publish that wretched cold letter of her mother's in your local paper.

It provides a great witness about how jehovah's people really treat their families.

I agree, this should be done.- publicize it to the point that JW's might get ridiculed by householders in the FS. JW's always use weasel words to try and avoid admitting what every JW knows to be the truth about their harsh shunning of ex-members. I sent a letter to my paper when the JW's messed up my life in 1989 and it was published- it had a very negative effect on the local preaching work for several years.

• bbdodger
    bbdodger
    I want to serve Jehovah but I feel that the people make it so hard

but don't you know, you can serve Jehovah. Jehovah is another name for God, and it's up to you to keep love in your heart for who God really is; Love. Maybe their Jehovah really isn't God. Maybe the best thing for you and your wife to do is to serve God by being the best people you can be, praying regularly, and thanking Him for all the things He has provided and created, and the goodness that He is. JW is just a bunch of men, it's a cult, it really has nothing to do with God himself, and I think that you know that (especially if you're here). It's the PEOPLE who make up the Organization, but it isn't God (even if they try to claim the Faithful and Discreet Slave is directly influenced by God... we all know that's bull).

I know exactly how you feel, because I've been there... I am there, we all are in some capacity. I have family members who haven't spoken to me in 20 years, but write stupid letters, not unlike the one your MIL wrote to you. Next time you get a letter, do what I did... rip it up, and throw it away. It will break your heart to do it, and you will feel the tinge of guilt, but your heart will heal once you realize that God (Jehovah) would never want families to shun one another. That's an idea that has been put forth by men!!!

Just remember, we all got your back!

• steve2
    steve2
    will be all buddy buddy with someone that has been disfellowshipped since they are often there for a reason.

Ex Nihilo: Your seeming apology on behalf of the JWs comes across like special pleading. Reasons indeed!

True, the Watchtower leaves the exact level of contact over to individual JWs, but in its unceasing written attacks on disfellowshipped individuals characters and motives, the Watchtower conveniently demonises disfellowshipped individuals and uses as shining examples, parents who boldly cut off ties with their disfellowshipped adult children. All in the name of being "loving parents. Naturally.

That you happen to know some JWs who have chosen not to buy too deeply into this heartless policy says more about those few JWs who are able to think for themselves than it does any utterances from the Watchtower.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hanging On,

I feel for you. It's obvious that you love God and are seeking to worship him the "right" way.

Please do some research on legalism in religion. Witnesses can be loving and kind individuals, but the organization is legalistic and reminiscent of the Pharisees. It sounds too awful to believe, which is why I think you should do some research on religious legalism.

Do yourself a huge favor and lift the weight from your heart - read a few threads here on disfellowshipping and its scripturalness. Jesus died so that we wouldn't be over burdened by our sinful nature - he took our sin onto himself and told us specifically that "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light” (Matt. 11:28).

The following link is one of many many links that you may wish to check out (it may prove to be like cooling waters for you): http://www.geocities.com/hotsprings/3658/subtle.html

Good luck on your journey and congratulations on the impending addition to your family. Having children is one the greatest things in my life. I remember their births like yesterday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit