Letter that my DFed wife received from her Pioneer Mother

by Hangin_on 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Lately I'm leaning toward the idea that if I talk to my relatives in the future it's going to be on my terms. So, just when I'm reinstated and they think they are going to talk to me again, I'm going to say, 'Sorry! I'm not talking to you, I'm marking you as bad associates."

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i keep coming back to this post because it is so sad and makes me so angry.

does her mother not realize that she is participating in child sacrifice to her god? symbolic yes but still she is willing to kill you in the name of Jehovah. the tears of the shunned flow farther than any blood sacrifice ever did.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I'm so sorry to hear this. As everyone has already said, this must be really hard on your wife especially.

This brings up some bad memories for me when I was pregnant. I have never been a witness but because of my parents being witnesses the relationship was very strained. I remember when I was pregnant with my son my mother telling me about the end coming soon. This was supposed to be a joyful time for us as mother and daughter. I had complications after the birth but my mother still left a couple days later. My mother-in-law had to come and take care of me and the baby. When I was pregnant with my daughter my parents came to visit and left the day before she was born. They were living in Texas at the time.

sspo:Enjoy the watchtower and when you feel lonely and depressed, call Bethel and they will be there for you.

I can totally understand your feeling. The relationship with my mother is better now. When she is having problems she will call me. I'm the only one she has to confide in. She obviously can't talk to her "sisters" about her problems with her new elder husband whom everyone adores. So my question also is, why do you want to go back to an organization that treats you like this? Wouldn't it be better to focus on your own family without the stress of adding this toxic family relationship?

As a christian I don't believe that God approves of us ignoring and witholding love from family members. He gives us choices to believe and worship Him. He doesn't force us, Jesus never forced us, so we shouldn't force anyone. Do you think that if someone willfully does something wrong that this tactic of shunning would straighten them out anyway? If someone is remorseful for something they did they only need to go to God for forgiveness. The GB, like the Pope, aren't mediators between God and us.

Maybe it's best to back off from trying to have any relationship and try to keep things calm for your wife at least till the baby comes.

dobbie: I'm so sorry that this is happening to you, to stay away from your own grandchildren.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am so sorry. This is emotional blackmail of the most horrific kind. I hope you have the strength and courage to keep that misserable person out of your life forever.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Hugs to you and your wife. I am sorry that on top of everything else, her mom is so brainwashed that she thinks God would make her show she loves him more by disowning her daughter..(What kind of God does she serve???)

I went through something similiar and my mom even said I was killing my baby because of not being re-instated. I figured I am better off with my daughter not having to even know that pain in the future and now, we wouldn't talk to her unless she gets out of that religion and can act NORMALLY.

I wish you both the best with your upcoming bundle of joy!!

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    I love you and will always love you as you will soon find out what a mother's love is like, but my love for Jehovah and desire to obey him is stronger.

What a loving and caring statement to make to your child who is in such a delicate state. Has Jehovah once picked up the phone to ask your wife's mother how she is doing? I think NOT!

• R.F.
    R.F.

I don't know whether to get mad or cry.

I'm so sorry that this is happening. I really hope things work out for the better for your wife during her pregnancy and you as well.

R.F.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

An added thought. If the reason for disfellowshipping and shunning is to keep the organization clean then I think they are doing a poor job. Actually if the org or church was only for those who were without sin then the kingdom halls and the churches would be empty.

If I'm adding fuel to the fire then I apologize. Hopefully were not adding more stress to your situation.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This is disgusting crap. Your wife should write her mother a letter and tell her what I fine witness she gave to everybody. Put the letter online and publish the link in her local paper.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Good idea GermanXJW, I would publish that wretched cold letter of her mother's in your local paper.

It provides a great witness about how jehovah's people really treat their families.

I am so sorry that she has to go through this during this delicate time.

Have her write a letter in return, as her mother requested,

and make sure her mother knows exactly how her emotional blackmail and conditional love really made her daughter feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit