Letter that my DFed wife received from her Pioneer Mother

by Hangin_on 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• dust
    dust

I am not you, and so you will certainly never write anything like this, but I would have:

"Dear Mother,

We have tried for two years to get reinstated. It is now obvious to us that we are not welcome back, and that this is the reason for the lack of love that we experience from the congregation and from you. Paul asked the congregation to forgive the sinner before he was swallowed up by his being overly sad. Paul even left it to the congregation -- not to God -- to initiate the act of forgiveness (2 Cor 2:7-11), a congregation where not even everyone rebuked the sinner, and still Paul called them brothers. If the humans of the congregation could forgive, then also could the human Paul, and supposedly also God. The humans, not God, were the ones that needed to to see if _they_ could forgive.

We need to be a part of Jehovah's congregation, the alternative is, as you know, death. After two years we now realize that we will never experience what the sinner of Corinth experienced. Instead, by shutting us off from Jehovah's organization and not finding in their hearts to forgive us, the congregation chose to sentence us to death. As also you cannot forgive, you did also sentence us to death.

We know you are saddend that this penalty forbids you to ever meet your grandchild. We also know that you fear that your love towards us, if unconditional, may cause also you to be sentenced to death. We do not wish to incite that fear, knowing that fear of death for many is a greater force than love (Joh 15:13). Therefore we will comply with your request not to contact you again. If you do, however, one day choose to put love above fear of death, then it is our hope that you will once again accept our love."

• Hangin_on
    Hangin_on

The reason we want to go back......

I know the people are wrong but they are people. nothing hurts me more than to see my wife go thru all of this. I would give my life in an instant for her. All I want is for her and my child to be ok.

It is about worshipping God not pleasing people. So for a lack of a better idea we are going back. Someone give me something better.... a group of people that seek to follow the bible closely.

No one can do that no one can offer me something better.

My wife believes 100% that the elders are directed by holly spirit that we are not reinstated because I dont study with her enough, I work too much or I have a bad attitude.

I guess you can understand why she feels this way, after all she was raised by the woman that wrote that letter

• White Dove
    White Dove

This is completely

• White Dove
    White Dove

At Pagan Pride Day, I found a pin that said, "Jesus would slap the sh!t out of you!" Very fitting.

• oompa
    oompa
    we must keep our relationship the way Jehovah's word outlines.
    My wife believes 100% that the elders are directed by holly spirit that we are not reinstated because I dont study with her enough, I work too much or I have a bad attitude.

The pain from you and throughout these posts is unbearable. If only you to were happy to walk, I would be the third person here saying to put that damn letter in the paper. Are you df'd too, it sounds like it. What is taking so long to get back "IN" in your case. Even if you had a bad attitude, which you should, why is she still out? I do not know how your wife can reconcile her treatment with people having holy spirit. My wife also believes the 100% thing, at least as far as the org. goes. How do you feel about your wifes strong beliefs and what is your hope about it?

sooooo sorry, ........oompa

• zeroday
    zeroday
    But in the meantime we must keep our relationship the way Jehovah's word outlines.

Let's see what "Jehovah's word" ie. the Watchtower says about such relationships...

w748/1p.471MaintainingaBalancedViewpointTowardDisfellowshipedOnes***

As to disfellowshiped family members (not minor sons or daughters) living outside the home, each family must decide to what extent they will have association with such ones. This is not something that the congregational elders can decide for them. What the elders are concerned with is that "leaven" is not reintroduced into the congregation through spiritual fellowshiping with those who had to be removed as such "leaven." Thus, if a disfellowshiped parent goes to visit a son or daughter or to see grandchildren and is allowed to enter the Christian home, this is not the concern of the elders. Such a one has a natural right to visit his blood relatives and his offspring. Similarly, when sons or daughters render honor to a parent, though disfellowshiped, by calling to see how such a one’s physical health is or what needs he or she may have, this act in itself is not a spiritual fellowshiping.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I know the people are wrong but they are people. nothing hurts me more than to see my wife go thru all of this. I would give my life in an instant for her. All I want is for her and my child to be ok.

It is about worshipping God not pleasing people. So for a lack of a better idea we are going back. Someone give me something better.... a group of people that seek to follow the bible closely.

No one can do that no one can offer me something better.

Ah, now I understand. You can see through the BS of the organization but the missus still buys into it. I really feel for you. You are such a giving person, ready to do anything for your family -- so different than the organization that your wife and MIL adore. Yet apparently you aren't doing enough, not following the proper mystical formula. And so your wife believes Jehovah is blocking your re-entrance into the one true faith.

I've never been in this situation, but there are several 'unbelieving mates' on board who have insight into the dynamics of this situation.

I wish you didn't feel you need to go back to the JW's. But whatever your decision, we'll be here to support you and listen whenever needed (if you choose to continue to avail yourself of this board).

• oompa
    oompa

Does anyone know if ZERODAY has the most current info on this, which is only what the mom will listen to?

current is only now....oompa

• Quandry
    Quandry

Hanging On,

You are truly a loving husband to your wife. With you by her side, she is sure to be O.K.

MIL is a good Watchtower servant, we can give her that. Yet one day she will find out, when she needs someone, that they will not be there for her. I hope you are not bitter when that time comes and will give her the love she cannot find in her heart to give to her daughter now .

• zeroday
    zeroday

Does anyone know if ZERODAY has the most current info on this, which is only what the mom will listen to?

current is only now....oompa

This is info from 1974. I put it in to show how Jehovah's only avenue of communication the Watchtower doesn't have a clue what they are talking about when determining what the will of God is was or will be next...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit