My wife just left me.

by oompa 61 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Outlaw apparently has some fantasy that his family has the last name Russel they have been in the truth so long. I still don't get why ANYBODY would want to make up being in this twilight zone for extended generations!

Now we have to doubt Outlaws supposed past as a witness (if he makes the claim) because just about every hall in my district has Sat. morning bookstudy THEN service! case we are Holier than other districts.

outlaw needs meds.....oompa

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Now Now boys easy does it .... outlaw's comment comes from the fact that most JWS do not go to a book study Saturday morning, they go out in service

your area may be the exception, they usually meet first at their home study place briefly then leave from there for service.

And by the way outlaw doesn't need meds he's already funny/wacko as is.

You two should start to learn to get along better with another, your brothers of a cause remember ? ..........Homerovah has spoken !

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Just as a FYI - there have been Saturday morning book studies in my area and surrounding cities for over 20 years. It may not be common in all areas.

BB

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

oompa..You want to go toe to toe with me about the Cult I was raised in and I will eat your Liver!.....I`ve never had a book study in the morning,on a Saturday,in decades..It still dosen`t happen here..It`s hard enough to get people out in the field service Saturday morning..AND..Now theres a book study first?..Hard to believe.....I would be interested if any regular JWD posters here go to..Or..Have been to a regular book study just before field service on Saturday morning......................One thing I find very unbelievable is oompa`s Wife goes to "Yoga Class" with a heavy wieght "PO`s Wife"..???...How many people here know of any JW,with any position in the congregation,that would attend a "Yoga Class"???..Swimming in a YMCA pool can get you Disfellowshipped!.....Yoga is out and out Demonism to Jehovah`s Witness`s..Every Active JW I know,would be scarred sh*tless to attend a "Yoga Class"..It would never be tolerated within the congregation...OUTLAW

• greendawn
    greendawn

Now that we know the real story regarding in what way your wife left you I can say that at least the JW schedule let's you have some privacy when the wife has to meet the JW obligations.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Outlaw makes a valid point about Yoga classes with a PO's wife, that doen't sound right, whats up with that.......Ooompa ?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yeah....I was feeling bad for Oompa too, til I found out he was pulling our leg!

Alligator wisdom said: They look at me as if I'm challenging them. Perhaps they feel threatened. Very possible it's because they don't know what happened during that one hour. Somehow they look nervous. I suppose talking about the weather is paramount in their daily living along with their eternal salvation.

Hmmm....I imagine that they feel that they have just "gotten through" an hour of being asked questions and having to be put on the spot (some conductors will call on ones who don't have their hands raised if they haven't answered before) but the whole idea of being "on" has been turned "off" when that final prayer is said. Having to think all over again and make it sound intelligent and well thought out----may just be too much to face!

hugs,

Annie

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Hey Bumble Bee are you saying that you used to have a 1 hour book study then go out in service, just curious ?

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Oompa: I came to this thread, all full of compassion and tenderness, only to discover it isn't needed. Now what am I going to do?????

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm no King Solomon, but I think Homerovah Almighty has a point about Brothers OUTLAW and oompa burying the hatchet.

In my area, most congos are favoring Saturday morning Book Studies.

Some publishers stay and go out in service.

Many do not.

It's totally believable that a PO's wife might take a pilates/yoga class.

We know how even the most self-righteous Witnesses can rationalize doing whatever it is that they really want to do.

OUTLAW is a funny and tireless member of JWD. Great guy.

Oompa(coaster) is well...oompa(coaster). LOL!

Do you have insider info on oompa, OUTLAW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit