old pink songbook / pamphlet style one

by monophonic 44 Replies latest jw friends

• monophonic
    monophonic

anyone have one of the old pink songbooks?

or know how much they pop up for on ebay?

• journey-on
    journey-on

It's more of a fusia color than pink to me (a really awful pink at best). Yes, I have a couple of them. Also, when my mother died a few years ago, I kept one of the very old green paper song books she had in her possessions from the 1950's. She was the piano player for our Kingdom Hall, and it has her pencil notations in it, so it's sentimental to me from my childhood. I even played for a wedding in the early 70's using that green songbook. Gosh, what memories!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Looking for some new material for your next gig monophonic? altalt

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I remember when the world was young and I had lots of time. Al Gore hadnt invented the innernet yet and there were only 3 chanels on tv. I used to sit at the piano and play kingdom songs just for something to do.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    anyone have one of the old pink songbooks?

or know how much they pop up for on ebay?

I bought one on ebay about 2 years ago for $5.00... OH what memories...I am looking at even as I post...

• zeroday
    zeroday

Song # 61!!!

oompa

That has to be one of my all time favorites... (tune stuck in my head now)...

• journey-on
    journey-on

jaguarbass

Do you remember that old green songbook "Songs to Jehovah's Praise"? I just went and fished it out of my "old treasures" and was shocked at how much I still remember by heart of that old book. Song #4, "Be Glad, You Nations, with His People!"; "Forward! You Witnesses!" (starts out "Firm and determined in this time of the end...."with a military beat); "Jehovah God, My Shepherd" Song #30; "The Divine Pattern of Love"; "Then They Will Know"; "Flee to the Kingdom"; #73, "All Things New"....no more will there be pain or crying, No sorrowing nor any dying; For God has said: "I will make all things new. Trustworthy these words and true!"

(I've just had severe flashbacks to five years old sitting in an unairconditioned K.H. peeling the paint off the hard back chairs we had to sit in and singing "To the Work!", song #79)

All those old songs had great Choruses.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

I recall these from my brief association back in the early 1970s. There were two versions: a US$0.25 simple paper edition and a US$0.75 leatherette, same color edition with gilded page edges.

It's weird the things we remember.

My copy of the song book along with all the other WTBTS "literature" I was tricked into buying wound up fueling a fireplace one winter evening not too long after. The fire lasted for several hours, not like the eternity of fire destined for the authors of said literature.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

"SINGING & ACCOMPANYING YOURSELF" are selling for about $5.00 on Ebay, although they mispelled "ACCONPANYING".

Will

• bbdodger
    bbdodger

Oh, how I'd love to get my hands on one of those! I remember that some melodies were vaguely reminisant of Christmas Carols. They were hot pink, right?

Here's an oldie, but a goodie:
    "From house to house, from door to door..."

How about this chart topper:

This is Jehovah's Day...

"What will you bring?... Jehovah's Kingdom
    Triumph of Truth, and righteousness.
    And bring what else?... Jehovah's Kingdom
    Eternal life, and happiness...
    Praise the Universal Soverign.. for His love and faithfulness"

I can't believe I remember the lyrics!!!

Here are a few more lyrical phrases I remember:

"You make known, that the truth, is your own"

"Keep your eyes on the prize"

"Here I am.. send me, send me"

"Move ahead, move aHEAD in our ministry... dah dah dah, la la la, dah dah, la la la la la la"

Wasn't there one... "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" or something? Gads!!!

Remember when the brown song books came out? That was exciting! Remember when the KHs went from piano players, to pre-recorded tracks (as to not "draw attention" to certain people's talents)

Boy... we sure had lame stuff to get excited about.

We use to convert Kingdom songs into cheers for the local baseball team. BAD WITNESSES!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit