The End of Jehovah`s Witness`s

by OUTLAW 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

OUTLAW...very thought provoking indeed...separating Jehovah's Witnesses from the Watchtower Society....the religion from the corporation.

I don't think the religion can survive (as it is today) without the corporation. I can see the corporation existing without the religion. Think about it. They are already laying off Bethelites (at least at headquarters) left and right. They are publishing less and less, and smaller and smaller publications, emphasizing tract work with so-called Special Campaigns...cheap to pull off and keep the R&F occupied with "busy work".

At some point, I could see the Society close its remaining facilities in Brooklyn. (I have heard GB members deny this, but of course they would deny it) Then they can start consolidating Kingdom Halls, starting here in the States. Its all ready happening. It is cheaper to build KHs in Third World countries, and that may continue to build worldwide numbers to offset the falling numbers in America, Japan, Mexico, and Western Europe..where the internet has influenced the way JWs think.

Eventually I could see the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (and its affiliated corporations) close up shop and move offshore as a shell company, existing only to continue with its investments and take care of the boys at the top and their cronies. They may be forced to keep some nursing facilities (infirmiries) open until the old ones die off. Why do you think they are laying off all these 30-50 year olds....so they don't get saddled with their health care costs later on. They can keep bringing in 20 year olds until there is no need anymore. Bring em in at 20, lay em off at 30..the new Bethel Personnel Business Model. When WTBT$ finally close up shop for good, the cronies and the GB move off shore with the money, the 20-30 year olds at Bethel are sent home, and Jehovah's Witnesses (the religion) shrivels up and dies....or at least is no longer recognizable as it is today.

Just my observations. Good thread mountain man.

Snakes ()

• oompa
    oompa

I think the only hope of bringing either/or both down is to have enough our own "large army" of women and men make charges against at least two elders per hall for molesting them as either children or adults. Now that would hurt the wallet, and the media would have a field day.

it could be fun too...pick mean elders....oompa

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hey Outlaw,

Talked to my mom today who has the COin for the week. Last year the guy was too young and this year the fellow is 80 years old along with his wife who have been serving from the 20's. She said to me and I quote, "From one extreme to the other." She sounded kind of disgusted.

At age 73 she is pioneering this month, and exhausted before she starts, but feels guilted into serving.

She will be hosting a dinner and needs help, which I will ofcourse help her with. I don't have a problem with it because I will take it off of our taxes as a donation.

I just wonder how much longer the WBTS can keep this up.

r.

• flipper
    flipper

Outlaw good thread, my mountain friend. I like the point of the watchtower corporation being mainly concerned about the financial success of the organization succeeding . That is irrefutable it's their prime concern. Look at the way they are taking in the older long time witnesses trust funds, estates willed over, and donations collected. They have even printed material to show the witnesses how to give it to them. Also one of the threads mentioned recently that some kingdom halls are getting purchased from ,"oh! my god! ", other religious groups . So I'm sure they are keeping an eye on that option as well, pursuing the real estate income possibilities.

So, yes with that being said, their is more emphasis on the business part of the organization, and due to this yes, I think eventually the witnesses themselves will become a distant minimal piece of the organizational pie

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I would love to study the subject of organizational warfare and discover how the government goes about infiltrating groups and eventually breaking them up like they did in the case of the Black Panthers. I have some theories and would love to form a task force that actively attempts to undermine the stability of congregations, possibly taking on one congregation at a time. i figure a team of 10 to 20 people could infiltrate a Hall and bring it down in about a year using various methods used by US Departments. but this is one of those, "Wouldn't it be nice if..." type of things that no one ever seems to want to commit to.

• steve2
    steve2

I just wonder how much longer the WBTS can keep this up.

r.

Ummmmm, for about as long as there are people like yourself who pitch in to help their 'exhausted' JW family members cater to the needs of COs. Ouch.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I think the org will change as it always has according to the times.

One thing it has against it though is TIME ,after all it is a belief based on foretelling an inevitale ending....so if it does'nt end surely their comes a point in time where the twisting of scriptures must end ,and people will get deflated in faith for that brand of religion .So to survive it must lose it's history and re-invent a new one .In part this has been done for it's hard to get older publications and the JW's are kept distracted and busy with the new stuff and discouraged from reading and questioning the old.

This site like others is a strong weapon along with time to expose the JW religion from with-in and that's where the damage occurs ,I believe , not so much to ordinary folk who hear about them on the news for they are just another religion to them .That's why the GB has always fought so hard to fight any free thinking and questioning by labelling it apostate .

To say they will disappear is a hope only in the short term ,but they will change for they will in time drag up scriptures like this one from time to time and focus on it in their KH talks,Their Assembly talks and literature ,and this will push the rank and file to try again when they feel low on energy.................................

2 Pet 3 : vs3,4

For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: "Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning."

They know their arsenal well and have always used it according to the times,but eventually TIME will defeat the org as we know it today and as it has been.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Steve 2, you don't like that I am donating my time and effort..TOO BAD...SO SAD!. I donate my time and effort to many people in need. My support never means I endorse anyone without question. But to anyone in need my heart always leads the way...Check out some of those in need on this forum that I have contributed to.

If my mother of 74 years need's help I will certainly contribute as best I can. Although, she has shunned me in the past, I will not revert to her bad behaivor which in the end, God will judge me on.

r.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I just quickly scanned through an article on the TOPIX board that had the report of a KH in (I think) Montana that was being built. It was another puff-piece designed to praise "the brotherhood" for their fine FINE work and co-operation in getting this done. (Of course NOBODY called the media to make sure they would get that puff-piece. The newspaper MUST have just happened to drive up while the work was in progress. WINK-WINK!)

But I thought to myself that they are merging congregations and losing JWs hand over fist----WHY are they spending money and using resources that are clearly not needed? It makes no sense to me.

I CAN foresee the WTS dwingdling down to being nothing but a publishing company.....but.....isn't this just what it HAS BEEN ALL THIS TIME ANYWAY?

• garybuss
    garybuss

The current management of the Watch Tower Society doesn't like Jehovah's Witnesses. That's obvious by reading the publications and listening to the convention manuscripts being read. The Witness people are like adult children still trying to please an abusive parent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit