The Good, The Bad and The Troll

by outofthebox 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Dear "OOTB" mind-collective:

First off, WELCOME!!

I hope OTWO's wrong about you. I'm guessing this is more of a language barrier issue. But if I'm wrong, I don't give out enough personal information (I hope) to be identified. I'd recommend you do the same. Also, the advice to get your own individual accounts is also good. At this point, if any of you are reported to the elders, you can just say: "I was curious. I looked. I won't any more. I'm sorry. It won't happen again." But if you keep on posting and start making anti-JW comments, it will be used against you if one of you starts having second thoughts and goes to the elders.

Up front, for what it's worth, I am a 3rd generation raised in "the truth" JW. Regular Pioneered for years. I was an elder for many years. I'm married to a JW loyal wife and have teenage children.

If the Creator of the Universe reveals himself in a convincing, moral way sometime in the future, I have no desire to rebel.

I wish I had kept a diary of my thoughts when I first started reading here. (You might want to consider it, just make sure it's ABSOLUTELY under lock and key and/or really good password protection.) It's becoming a faded memory now, but I'll give it a try.

At first I think it was a combination of curiosity, knowing that certain things were wrong with the organization, but at the same time hoping to find that "the apostates" were a bunch of demonized, unreasonable, lying misfits. AND THEY ARE!! Just kidding folks.

As much as I hate the whole male-dominated, high-control hierarchy of the JWs now, seeing former high "ranking" JWs posting here had a powerful effect on me. Looking back, it shouldn't have made any difference who was posting, but seeing former elders, COs and at least one or two DOs posting here was a huge reassurance to me that it wasn't just me being wicked. My apologies to the women and those who never were MSs or Elders. But this is the mindset that develops when you're conditioned to believe what comes from on high and question or dismiss "untheocratic" comments that come from regular publishers.

Here's an often repeated sentence that you might want to think about:

"I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question."

It feels SO GOOD to be mentally free of the subtle high-control tactics that permeate the entire JW organization.

Side point:

WAC said:

I would copy threads onto my PDA and read them at the meeting.

LOL!! Me too! Still do.

Open Mind

• tinker
    tinker

Welcome OOTB, I was a long long time lurker, still don't post much but I'm starting to know these people and having fun. That is part to why I am here. The JW Culture was my whole life. I knew nothing of the outside world so finding a group with similar background has been healing. I am angry, happy I'm out, sad for a life lost, searching and learning all that the same time. I joined earlier this year and kept all my personal info quiet but recently someone asked us to add 'a little something' to our profile so I did. What was I afraid of? I faded quietly but all in my area now know I am out and not coming back. Most of my extended family are JW and we have maintained a loving relationship but they are cooling and more distant all the time.

You asked a good question. Do I say Amen over a prayer? I did put much thought into it and it depends on what is said. Usually the only JW prayers I hear are at family dinners and if it is just a thanking for the the food I do say Amen. But we did attend our son's public talk and I did not say Amen because expressions such as Faithful Slave, Orgainzation, Last Days, were said and I no longer agree with such teachings.

Looking forward to knowing all of you better, your friend, tinker

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi,

I'm here because to me the Brooklyn Book Binders are a load of two bit confidence tricksters parasitically living off the efforts of misguided but well meaning followers who are trying to win the ultimate prize of life everlasting in an airy fairy land as drawn by the art department.

In order to try and warn others not to be taken in by it I now and again submit my ten pennys/cents worth of input hoping it falls on fertile ground.One brother said to me " learn from other peoples mistakes not your own." I now know every active JW is making a massive mistake and I sure as hell learned the lesson from them and from the ones long dead.

As for trusting people who post here I will treat everybody with a degree of trust as I do with most people that I come in contact with because I suppose trust is something that is earned over a period of time anyway, but saying that, we are all only human with faults and anyone can hurt us just as we can easily hurt others.Problem is with this internet medium we don't always realise when we are treading on someone's toes.

If anybody comes to this discussion group with ulterior motives of infiltration let them do their worst and we will do our best and maybe they will see true facts and not Watchtower baloney.

Edmond.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome OOTB!!!

I read your posts wih growing interest.

I hope your group continues to grow and prosper.

I would like to add that reading some of your posts sort of freaks me out. The use of the multiple third person narrative is uncomfortable to read. Might I suggest that each member of the group take a number and begin their posts under your joint name with 'this is A' or something of that nature. It's none of my business so don't listen to me.

Welcome.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

It seems quite obvious to me that this 'OutOfTheBox' poster/s is yanking at your chains, and doing so very successfully I might add.

The level of naievity on this Board is often quite stunning.

HS

• oompa
    oompa
    Why are you here? Are you looking for the truth or are you just mad about the WTS?

Yes I am mad and bitter at having been lied to for decades, and since birth. Every generation (oops I forgot there really is no such thing as a generation, damn) looks for truth. Every generation finds truth. The truth is very different for some generations compared with others.

The truth is what you make it when you make it. Boy is WT good at that.

simple truth....oompa

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Six,

Indeed Hillary.

"collective poster" my ass. Were I Simon, I'd decline this multiple personality's offer to **** with my forum.

lol...I was just thinking recently about the more imaginative Mad Hatter constructions made by some posters in the past. Do you remember the week that Celtic, in between structuring international 'think-tanks' , ran out of booze and invented 'Adele' in order to shame us into behaving properly? Or the famous episode when Refiners Fire ran out of his medication and became Edward Gentry complete with a dead and legless mother?

What about Danny the New York cop who was going to bring down the WTS with one shot from her 38, invented no doubt by someone or the other who had run out of both medication and booze.

Some classics from the never empty JWD Psychiatric Ward.

HS

• Open mind
    Open mind

LOL @ HIllary Step!

JWD Psych Ward! I like it.

As for this:

The level of naievity on this Board is often quite stunning.

Let's say OOTB is a total Troll. So what? My admittedly naive yet well-intentioned replies could be benefitting those in the Lurker Gallery. If nothing else, it's good practice.

C'mon back OOTB. Troll or real. It's OK with me.

Open Mind

• Twitch
    Twitch

Let's say OOTB is a total Troll. So what? My admittedly naive yet well-intentioned replies could be benefitting those in the Lurker Gallery. If nothing else, it's good practice.

C'mon back OOTB. Troll or real. It's OK with me.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

How many trolls are required befored it's considered a trollorgy?

What has "Mother" said on the subject?

*Consulting 1981 WT bound volume...*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit