The Good, The Bad and The Troll

by outofthebox 46 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

So, your in a foreign language congregation? Has it been going for long or is it a recently set up cong? I know foreign language congregations are springing up all over the place in the UK, Chinese , Punjabi and so forth...And just recently Polish !!!!

I can quite imagine a few of you getting together and discussing "red flags"

Can I ask if you have been brought up in the org or are converts ?????????????? And how long have you been in the org???????

Oh and welcome to all of you..................when you talk in the plural it reminds me of the demon legion

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Why are you here? Are you looking for the truth or are you just mad about the WTS?

I am here because although I am not a witness (raised in, never baptised) I still have a father, sister, brother in law, and nephew who are in. I like to keep up to date on what is going on because it effects people I love... especially my nephew who is only 3. It kills me to know he will be raised this way. But all I can do is keep informed and maintain a positive relationship with them so that if they ever want a way out they know there is someone there to help them.

Oh... I am also here because I am quite addicted to the Werewolf game ;)

Jackie

• greendawn
    greendawn

People here help and get helped, and I can't see why you should worry about posting here if you are discrete nobody will find out. Eventually you will also fully realise that the WTS is a queer minded cult that not only has nothing good and really worthwhile to offer but also takes a great deal away from its members.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

OOTB, I am glad you folks came back. This is a large community here, and like any community we have all the same types of people you will have in any community, online or otherwise . . . .The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, we got'em all.

I was plugged into the collective by my parents when I was 5 yrs old in 1958, so I had no choice.

I was truly and finally free in 1997 when I burned every Borg-vomited or shat piece of paper I owned . . including that f**ked over NWT they are so proud of written by "ANONYMOUS" Scholars . . .ooooo wow BFD. Anonymous so they do not have to answer to anyone for their lack of scholastic integrity and downright dishonesty.

There was alot of that paper, it took a whole day of feeding and tending that fire in my back yard one Saturday that August. My neighbors asked what was up and when I told them, they actually clapped and rejoiced with me!! We had a couple brewskies and some good conversation over that fire. The next day an older gentleman from a bit down the road stopped by, he is sort of the local scap collector guy but he was also a pastor of a small Christian chrch in the area. He said he heard what I had done and that he was one of the Borg from the 1940s to the early 70s when he got out over the fever about the coming of 1975. He said my wife and I had been to his house in field service about 7 years before (I didn't remember it) and that ever since then he was praying weekly for us to see the cult for what it was and get free of it. Cool.

The neighborhood was littered with little burned scraps of Borg paper for weeks after that.

Anyway, enough about me. The majority of us here are here for you. I am here because when I feel the need to vent or whine or gloat or whatever, there are those here who know where I am coming from and can understand how I feel. We have all walked the same or similar path.

Welcome back!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Do you think about JWD when you are in the KH?

Haven't been to a KH in over 20 years

Do you say 'Amen' in the meetings?

The only time I say 'amen' is when someone says something I really agree with. And it hardly ever has anything to do with god or prayer.

Why are you here?

I come to keep up with the people I've come to know as friends, online and offline. I also keep hoping someday, my parents and or siblings willl show up here.

or did you mean today? Today I'm here because I only have time to post a few minutes a day...and your thread (or should I say ya'lls thread) caught my eye.

Are you looking for the truth or are you just mad about the WTS?

I'm not mad at the WTS, I don't think I could care any less about them, and I've found way more 'truth' on this board than I ever did in a KH.

Do you even think there is a true out there?

I''ve come to accept that "truth" is relative to who and where I am at any given time in my life.

Are we asking too much?

Ask away...no such thing as asking too much. It's the best way to learn.

lisa

• changeling
    changeling

Thank you for coming back and telling us a little more about yourselves. You must admit your situation (the group thing) is a bit unusual.

I come here because I can't speak to anyone I know (exept my husband) about my journey out of the org. We have faded so that we can keep contact with close relatives that are still "in".

This forum provides a sounding board for me and also helps me see that I'm not alone.

Please tell those of you who are upset by some of our replys that we meant no harm. We are simply trying to protect ourselves.

Peace,

changeling

• Honesty
    Honesty

About 5 years ago I was where all of you are now.

It was exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Today, I have no fear of the Watchtower Society or any of its minions because I realise that my God is bigger than their god.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Dear OOTB,

I first came here in Feb 2006, I couldn't sleep, all I would think about was JWD (and I have a family!). This was because I never knew it existed, I never knew I had a need to talk with people who have been through the same thing I went through, I was obsessed at 1st! I do not post as often anymore, and this is only because of some life changing things going on (note, good stuff). I have been trying to come back now though.

I have been out for 15 years, but you know what? I learned more about being a JW (beliefs) then when I was being raised as one. Probably, as a kid, I found alot of things so completely boring! Now that I am older (and wiser Ha Ha), I find that I am interested in religion for the educational aspect only. I am an agnostic and I like being this way. Religion, when taken to the extreme, makes people crazy.

Your story about the PO gave me some hope actually. I have not seen or talked to my dad since 1992, maybe he too is having doubts, and is too stuborn to admit it? Or he could still be a die hard JW still, who knows, but it still gave me a twinge of hope that I will hear from him some day.

Best to you OOTB (and the others), keep coming back here, it helps get through the aftermath of leaving the org eventually.

Nikki

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I just wanted to say that, if you truly are legit, then I apologize for my comments. If this is all true and you are a group of people who are using one account, please be cautious that there may be troll or mole w/in yourselves. If I have learned anything in the 30 years of my existence it has been these 2 things: 1) most men reach their maturity at the age of 12 and 2) you cannot trust anyone, and I mean ANYONE, but yourself. Consider branching out and creating your own accounts. If Internet accessiblity is the problem, then your local library provides it free of charge. Although, the way the WTS has been behaving, entering one may be a disfellowshipping offense in the near future.

Once again, sorry for my accusations. I have been offended by comments/threads and I am sure that I have offended other people. The difference between me and some of the other posters is that I will always come back and apologize when I realize what I said was inappropriate.

Welcome to JWD! We are planning a cruise for Oct/Nov 2008. Maybe by then you will feel more comfortable in your decisions and be able to join us.

Crissy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your initial post said there were several of you being cautious with this question:

Do you know anything about a 'virginity test' for females getting into Bethel?

Your next thread contains the dialog you, as a group, supposedly had with your P.O.

PO: You know what? I am not really sure about the 1914 date.

One of us: (Thinking: What?!!! O-M-G!!)

PO: We have changed that date so many times! If this system stays for another 70 years we will need to change that date. I don't really believe in it.

One of us: Yes. I thin...

PO: (Interrupting. He was on a confessing rol. LOL) I think about the Universe and there are so many galaxies and planets, billions!, I can't believe there is nobody else beside us out there.

One of us: (Thinking: Damn! I need a recorder)

PO: That's why you will never hear me saying the 'Truth' but the 'Organization'. Because what we believe now maybe we won't tomorrow. So, Truth is a relative thing.

One of us: (Happy and relieved) I agree. Actually we don't even know if we are going to heaven or earth.

PO: (Puzzled?)

One of us: Here. Look. (I showed him Rev. 19:1 and the Heb. 11:16)

PO: (A little shocked and relieved, since now he was sure I wasn't going to tell on him). All I know is I am going to die and maybe God will give me some reward. Where? I don't know. Maybe he won't give me anything... I don't know...

You tell one of us the reason your P.O. was able to say this: "I guess he trust us because he knows us for a long time. He's a nice guy."
    You added, "We are trying to be careful. Did you notice one of us didn't talk much? The PO was the one doing all the talking!"

Now, when some doubt the encounter with the P.O. and the group of you, you say, "He was alone with one of us. Nobody else was near."

On this thread, you ask, "We have a hard question for the board: Why are you here? Are you looking for the truth or are you just mad about the WTS? Do you even think there is a true out there? Are we asking too much? "

You have people here volunteering information to you. Maybe they aren't afraid to be honest and open, but I am going to stay
    cautious about OUTOFTHEBOX. You sound like a troll trying to waste our time and possibly expose somebody.
    Anyone that has been around a long time and is trusted by the P.O. should know there is no virginity test at Bethel.
    One of you stayed quiet and cautious in front of the P.O. yet only one of you was there to hear what he said, although he trusted
    the group enough to say everything in front of them. Inconsistent. Perhaps you just type faster than you think, but perhaps
    it is something else.

Post on all you want, I already welcomed you in your first thread. Everyone- be careful of this inquisitive (group) poster.

Edited to add: to be fair, the thread on the P.O. said he confessed to "one of us." My "Perhaps" above could be the case.
    Whatever the case, OOTB is certainly welcome here. I am just concerned about a highly trusted [group or individual] that
    the P.O. confesses to- it's like the poster should be trusted because the P.O. trusted them with a confession. Sounds like
    the FDS saying "Jesus trusted us, you should also."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit