The Good, The Bad and The Troll

by outofthebox 46 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

THE GOOD

First of all. Thanks everybody for your warm welcome days ago (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/141779/1.ashx). We really enjoyed all your comments. We had a lot of fun reading them. We like to express our special thanks to BrentR, Locutus of Borg, The Oracle, Gordy, edmond dantes, BluesBrother, Angharad, bikerchic, Lady Liberty, and really everybody who took the time to read our post and write an opinion. You made us feel at home. Thank you.

Here is some additional info about us: We are a group of awaken people at different stages of the process. I (the one who is writing now) am the first one who got the courage to write in the forum. Not everybody in our group is so eager to do it, but they read the posts all the time and agree with many things. Since we are 'in', I think you understand why we have to be so careful. About our chat with our PO, here some additional details that may help understand why it happened:

1) He was alone with one of us. Nobody else was near. So, in case of emergency he can say: "I never said that".
    2) He had been very open in the past with some of us about other things, but nothing like that. We had to tell you about it.
    3) He is the kind of guy that enjoys other people company and talk about interesting topics, not just about the Borg. So, until further notice, we believe him (Also, we can deny, deny, deny).
    4) We don't got to an English language congo. Sorry about the "ministry" thing. So, you say "service"? Cool. I'll remember that.

Questions for all of you:

1) Do you think about JWD when you are in the KH? We do. A lot.
    2) Do you say 'Amen' in the meetings? Some of us, don't do it anymore.

All this is part of our little mind revolution.

THE BAD

Some of us didn't love very much some of your comments. Some of us have no problem with them. Some didn't sleep thinking about it. Some of us love all the comments and some of us are so excited to even be here that we just cared about the number of responses (What a geek). So, we have different opinions.We are sorry to even mention it, but, I guess you want us to be very open.

We have a hard question for the board: Why are you here? Are you looking for the truth or are you just mad about the WTS? Do you even think there is a true out there? Are we asking too much? Yes, we think so. Please, don't kill us.

THE TROLL

Thanks for letting us know the meaning of the word Troll. We had no idea. We know you have to be careful (trust us, we know). Someone in our group said the comments weren't the problem, but the reality check. We are not lurkers anymore. We are part of the process. And that's a little bit scary.

- Noi

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I enjoyed your posts - such an interesting experience with the PO. As for not enjoying some of the responses you received, well, that's really what life is like isn't it? Free speech means sometimes we hear stuff we don't want to hear. Just let the comments you don't like go by - although I have to admit I'm a bad one for flying off the handle when I don't like someone's post. But that's my problem - people can say what they want and I have to learn tolerance, otherwise it just becomes another group where everyone is controlled by political correctness and everyone is afraid to offend anyone.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Again welcome and thankyou for the clarification

• BFD
    BFD

Hello ootb. A belated Welcome to one and all.

I am here because for the first time in my life I can share my JW experience with others who have been there. Mainly it's because of being shunned by my mom. If that did not happen I probably never would have given JWs another thought although the truth is I was waiting for Jah to strike me dead at armageddon for many years. I was DF'd way back in 1977/78 and hardly ever shared my JW upbrining with anyone.

The shunning started in 1997. I did not find this board until this year and it has helped me heal from the damage I suffered as a result of the WT$. I am now aware of the lies and mind control that the WT$ used to ensnare me. I don't think my mom will ever have the privilege.

Now I know what I don't believe but, I do not know what I do believe. Life is a journey.

BFD

• free2beme
    free2beme

Here to know just enough what is going on in the religion, to not be caught off guard by relatives I am still in contact with that are still Witnesses. I personally prefer Wicca and Shamanism and not anything Christianity. I write stories at time, short stories and even a book. I would not label myself anti-Witness, as I love and am related to many. I helped free my sister by showing my strength and comfort in the life away from the religion. All is good in my life, since the exit and it can be for others too.

To add, who could be on the internet and have enough knowledge of message boards as you apparently have and not know what a troll is?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I must say I thought the first posts were a little unusual. I thought the post re the Presiding Overseer was quite interesting.

Welcome to the board, I hope that this place can be of help to all of you.

As for your question:

Why are you here? I ask myself that too often anymore

Are you looking for the truth or are you just mad about the WTS? Mad, hmm used to really mad. Have days that I still am.

Do you even think there is a true out there? Oh boy, uhm.............truth about????

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome!

I am interested to know how you all came together and were bold enough to admit your doubts and questions to each other. That must have been scary. Please tell us more. Are you in the US? I am, in Washington State. My mom is a JW and I considered myself one until I was 15. With a couple of brief flirtations to make my mom happy, I have been out ever since (I am 41). We just moved to a whole new community and I am looking forward to a new KH to call on me that doesn't know I oppose. I have fantasies of helping to lead someone out. I have a couple of times in the past, but not through D2D work. Those folks I just scared off for about 8 years. I expected a visit a few years ago when I figured the DNC would have worn off. I guess "Opposer" takes longer to wear off.

Best to you all! (how many?)

Shelly

• tula
    tula

Hi. I am glad you came back. I wasn't sure that you would because of the comments and folks being suspicious of you. Your topic was very interesting...but so unusual and I guess thats why many find it hard to believe. Your clarification has helped, though.

Can you tell us what part of the world you are in and what language your congregation speaks?

From the posts I have read...and I have read pages and pages from times past before I came here...I think most people are just tying to figure out what really is the truth because they have found lies and deception in this organization which parades as a "religion" but is in fact, a "non-profit" publishing company.

I think wtbs has manipulated their thinking and used intimidation tactics to control their behavior and thoughts, and something has happened to each one of us to cause a break through. Call it "intuition" if you will, or conscience, but each has had some experience where inner self finally said "This is not right." So where do you go?

Here. And we help each other to hash out our thoughts and feelings. There is acceptance here...of questions, biblical discussion, family issues, etc. without fear of a judicial committee being called to action. I think this board is a learning process for seekers and a support group for others who are weighing the consequences of their decisions.

It takes all kinds. If someone gives comments you don't like...just go to next one...maybe the next poster will be helpful or give the answer you are looking for.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Welcome to JWD outofthebox! This is great place for anyone who has doubts and is grappling with the doctrines of JW's. Unfortunately you did not get a very warm welcome and I am surprised you came back. I was extremely embarrased by most of the replies you got on your first posting. The fact that it went on for multiple pages without a moderator stepping in and "calling off the dogs" was disturbing and made me really start to wonder if I wanted to even stay here.

But that aside, most of us here are in different stages of our journey out of cult and as a whole there is some great insight to be found here. You will probably find several people with your same or similar circumstances here and experience some commonality.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Looking for truth.

What else is there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit