Guys: How do you show your interest?

by serendipity 92 Replies latest social relationships

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

You buy them some chocolates?

CG

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I know I've been married for a long time, but us old married folks still like when their mate shows appreciation, and I pretty much think it's the same thing with single folks. I hadn't been up to my hubbie's new office for 18 months, and it was the best thing when I went up to his office to take lunch with him. His face lit up when he saw me; he was tickled to show me his office and show me around; "Hey my wife came up to have lunch with me." He had the biggest smile on his face, and that was the most gratifying thing, that I made him so happy. he had the biggest grin on his face. I'll never forget it.

CG

• serendipity
    serendipity

Never underestimate the impact of asking a woman questions about herself.

Many years ago I worked with a short, slightly built guy, 40ish but looked 50. He was kind of soft-spoken and a little effeminate. Not my type at all. We were walking back from a meeting in another wing of the building. A display of mobiles had just been hung in the main entrance. We stopped to look at them and then he asked the magical question:

"Serendipity, which one is your favorite?"

I don't recall ANY man EVER asking me that question. (Men don't tend to use a woman's name much either and he used mine frequently.) I looked at him differently from that day forward, sought him out to get to know him better and ended up with a crush. We never took it any further because we worked together, and I later found out he was a confirmed bachelor.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Note to self,.....

Seriously though, I've tended to be more inquisitive than revealing. What makes her tick? What are her dreams, goals and aspirations? What is she inclined to show and say openly and conversely, what are her "tells"? I look for the little things that make her uniquely her and try to appreciate them, in subtle ways.

Though being somewhat inclined to being reserved myself does have certain hinderances, some women like a little mystery, a little depth, even if it's not entirely unintentional. I try to see the things that aren't obvious, notice the things she might think I didn't notice and surprise her. Tell her what you see her as and what she could be, in your eyes. Let her talk, listen and think about what she's saying and more importantly, not saying.

Being a bit of a clown sometimes is a bonus. Being serious can be detrimental. Making her laugh is important and if the sense of humour jives, it's easy. Be original.

And of course, give her stuff. Doesn't have to be typical or expensive but has to be meaningful and just to her. Show her that you appreciate who she is

But I'm still single, so what do I know?......lmao

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Let's see.....

What dress size are you?

How much do you weigh?

How old are you?

Is this what you're talking about?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i got lots of questions

• BFD
    BFD

Calls. CHECK

Emails. CHECK

IMs. I DON'T DO IMs

Flowers NOPE

Dinners. CHECK

Gifts. CHECK

It's kinda hard to mistaken.

LOL!

Ok everyone guess what? There's a 4 in 6 chance that Nvr has a crush on me.

BFD

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Let's see.....

What dress size are you?

How much do you weigh?

How old are you?

Is this what you're talking about?

That could so backfire on ya bud, she could ask...

When's the last time you had a date you didn't have to blow up?

How much hair do you have?

What's your size and I don't mean clothes?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    When's the last time you had a date you didn't have to blow up?

damn...how u know that?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    I normally break into her room when she's out and leave a box of Black Magic chocolates with a card, although my court case does come up next month.

Thanks hon, see you in court!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit