You won't believe this: a KH turned into a church!!!

by observador 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Niiiiiice! But wait, I thought Christendom's churches were losing members right and left??? *snicker*

• observador
    observador

That's what we were taught, SirNose, but apparently that isn't so. :)

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    That's what we were taught, SirNose, but apparently that isn't so. :)

Apparently not! Maybe next time, they should have a Watchtower with the question: "Why Are They Selling the Kingdom Halls?"

• avengers
    avengers

They should sell the WT Headquarters to the Moslems.

• ferret
    ferret

I have seen it both ways..in Niagara Falls the Kingdom Hall is a former church and in Shawville Quebec the former Kingdom Hall is now a church... how do they get the demons out of a former church?

• carla
    carla

Wouldn't selling to a Christian Church be helping Christendom? A recent business matter makes me ask, my jw refused to do something businesswise because it would help Christendom.

• R.F.
    R.F.
    Wouldn't selling to a Christian Church be helping Christendom? A recent business matter makes me ask, my jw refused to do something businesswise because it would help Christendom.

That's the point i'm trying to wrap my mind around.

What regular Borg members can't do, the boys up in Brooklyn can, or allow others to do for their benefit.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

R.F.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

In the early 90's, they bought a large church in Indianapolis and turned it into an Assembly Hall. My brother was dipped in the onstage pool [prob left over from the church], while the building was still not completely renovated to please Jehovah.

The ironic point is this; Apparently the Baptist owners needed to move, probably to get larger facilities. This was a single church building for them. Now in come Jw's and turn it into a building that can house a dozen or more Jw congregations all at once for circuit assemblies. No Kingdom Hell could ever hold a dozen other churches at once. Who is the bigger and growing dog here?

Jeff

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have seen one that I went to when I first joined the cult also sold and turned into a church. Another one got turned into a dentist's office. The trouble is that neither was in need of replacement: One needed a new boiler, which could have been had cheaper than building a new Hell. The other needed a new air conditioning system (including a new thermostat that would actually keep the temperature stable).

Wasteful.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I never went there, but the kh a lot of the people in my cong went to a hall that was later sold to another church. The wts don't care who they sell to as long as the money is right anyway. Trev found this in the paper a couple of months sgo:

Tottenham do not have a gleaming new stadium and efforts to spruce up venerable White Hart Lane are proving troublesome. Not only are the club having to stump up a possible £3 million to buy out a former lap-dancing club, they are also faced with acquiring a Jehovah’s Witness meeting hall and an engineering company that manufactures kebab-making machines. They all stand in the way of Tottenham being able to increase capacity from about 36,000 to a shade more than 50,000 — a number that would dramatically increase gate receipts and income. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/kevin_eason/article1717468.ece

Tottenham Hotspur for a football team based in North London. I have no idea if the org will sell, but if the money offerred is good enough, I wouldn't put it past them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit