You won't believe this: a KH turned into a church!!!

by observador 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chloe
    Chloe

There's an old Kingdom Hall here that is now a VFW hall. I go past it almost everyday.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

How do they get the demons out of a former church?

Easy!

Have a garage sale! Demons can't resist clinging to low cost cast-off rubbish!

RD

• greendawn
    greendawn

Doing business with the ruthless enemy as the JWs perceive it, Christendom in other words, is fine as long as they get the money for the property. In a way the WTS is cooperating with an enemy with whom the R&F must have absolutely no dealings even doing any repair work on their buildings is not allowed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Who else could use an oddball building like that? I like the cross, plus the "trinity" curved entrance door.

As an aside, I attended a rollicking Baptist service in the depth of Harlem. They were renting the ancient building from the local Jewish community. THEN the marching lambs and lions decor' made SENSE.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    the R&F must have absolutely no dealings even doing any repair work on their buildings is not allowed.

Have seen this being written in the kingdom ministry many times. A dub business owner can probably be disfellowshipped for such!

double standards, and hypocrites!!!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I know of a KH that was sold to another religious group in my town, I guess god looks the other way when the money is put on the table.

God is the greatest commodity of them all isn't he.

• observador
    observador

greendawn,

cooperating with an enemy with whom the R&F must have absolutely no dealings even doing any repair work on their buildings is not allowed

You make a very good point: The ultra-right JW cannot even go to a wedding ceremony in a Church, but the ultra-right elders/WT can sell the property to a church and perpetuate what it is seen as a "danger" to a JW.

I just recently came to know about a relationship that ended basically because the groom's mother said "I am not going to the Church for the ceremony. Period".

Observador.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Very ugly hall. I love the cross in the window!!. LMFAO

• observador
    observador

bttt for the Friday crowd.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I wonder if a person made a house out of it, if the JWs would make a house call?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit