Curious: What Is Your View of Alabama/Alabamians?

by snowbird 88 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

The reason for my curiosity is that several have asked if I'm really from Alabama. ??????

Snowbird

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Forrest Gump is from Alabama- what a wonderful place to visit-looked beautiful in the movie.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Last time I was in Alabama was 1962. It was flat and hot. The gas stations still had signs that said "colored rest rooms at back of building." I thought it was weird.

I don't think I know anybody from Alabama. I assume that it's still flat and hot, but that they've gotten over segregation.

• oompa
    oompa

I want to paddle it. The state that is.

love the swamps....oompa

• Mum
    Mum

That's funny, snowbird. Now I'm offended that no asks me if I'm really from Tennessee! A co-worker did once express surprise at that.

Ray Franz lives in Alabama, n'est-ce pas? Or he used to anyway. But he's not a native, of course.

Alabamans are just people like any others. I've known several, two of whom were supervisors at work. The female supervisor from Birmingham was a sweetheart. The male supervisor (who claimed his father was the City Clerk of Birmingham, but my internet search did not bear this out) was, I believe, based on a long period of observation and wacko interaction, living a lie and so crazy he could be the subject of intense psychiatric research (he had a Master's in Psychology!).

People in your part of Alabama appear to be some of the kindest, most humble and artistically gifted ever discovered.

And you! Alabama should be proud to call you its daughter.

Regards,

SandraC

• snowbird
    snowbird

People in your part of Alabama appear to be some of the kindest, most humble and artistically gifted ever discovered.

And you! Alabama should be proud to call you its daughter.

Regards,

SandraC.

You're right about the people. And I'm certainly proud to call Alabama my home. See www.geesbendferry.com.

Snowbird

• Grammy
    Grammy

I love lots of Alabamians because they are my family, my mother and her parents were all born in Haleyville, I still have family there and I lived there when I was young.

I went there to visit family when I was 18 met and married my husband there...in fact my first child was born in Birmingham.

Roll Tide!

• Confession
    Confession

alt

I'm totally, completely and fully kidding. I was just in a mood when I saw your question.

In working with families in Birmingham, Alabama, I find a huge percentage are very motivated and positive about their childrens' education.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Hospitality is great! The sweet tea ain't bad either. I love the Jacks hamburger chain. seek2find

• snowbird
    snowbird
    my mother and her parents were all born in Haleyville

Haleyville is in Winston County, right? That's up the road a ways from me.

Snowbird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit