Curious: What Is Your View of Alabama/Alabamians?

by snowbird 88 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

The first thought that comes to my mind are Confederate flags and lynching.

I've never been to Alabama. The beaches look beautiful from what I've seen on tv/photos and the sky was very clean/unpolluted when I flew over it. I imagined it to be very beautiful.

I haven't met a lot of people from there, but those I've met have been very kind people.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I don't think I know anybody from Alabama. I assume that it's still flat and hot, but that they've gotten over segregation.

It is HOT; the jury is still out on segregation; there are hills and mountains in the northern parts.

Snowbird

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Alabama has no cools songs written about it like Yellow Rose of Texas, Deep in the heart of Texas, although I do remember a Clint Eastwood film, young soldier singing about "Alabami." Can you sing it for me? ...What do you mean "the jury is still out on segregation."

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Alabama has no cools songs written about it

Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd

My Home's In Alabama - Alabama

Alabama, Alabama (State Song) - Julia S. Tutwiler

There are many more, can't recall them right now. Segregation still exists, just not legally sanctioned.

Snowbird

• Gopher
    Gopher

I liked the country music group - Alabama.

"Love in the First Degree"

"Mountain Music"

"Take Me Down"

"Feels So Right"

"Dixieland Delight"

"If You're Gonna Play in Texas"

I like the only Alabamian that I know, too.

• Chameleon
  • MeneMene
    MeneMene

I was born & raised in Georgia.

I think Alabama is pretty much the same as Georgia but we have all the Alabama jokes just to make us feel better about ourselves.

• JK666
    JK666

I once downhill skiied with a girl from Alabama, so I have stereotyped Alambamans as lousy skiiers!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I am in Mississippi .. so this shall be interesting.

I have been there a BUNCH of times. I think they are all more southern fried and like hunting/fishing/nascar more than Mississippians. We have more of an influence from Lousianna (which is another breed of Americans!).

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    What Is Your View of Alabama/Alabamians?

Can't see any from where I am.

sorry, carry on...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit