Curious: What Is Your View of Alabama/Alabamians?

by snowbird 88 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://www.wilcoxareachamber.org/wilcoxcounty.htm

My home.

I'm sorry you had such a dismal experience.

Syl

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Sorry Syl.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Sorry Syl.

ROFL.

You guys are a hot mess!

Syl

• Gregor
    Gregor

Alabama is a beautiful, green state.

Alabamians are fine if prepared properly.

Some Alabamians don't drink beer at a fish fry.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Well, I imagine it was a hot mess! If I could remember it!

• undercover
    undercover
    I can't believe how many areas of Alabama are "dry" and you have to drive to the next county to get a beer. Come on people, get a life.
    I don't understand how people can live around such ... shall I use the term "rednecks" ... or holy-rollers ....

Ain't just Alabama...

As much as those things bug me as well, when you grow up in the South, you tend to accept those quirks as the status quo for certain areas and certain groups.

There are pockets of civilization amongst the 'backward' areas but what's really interesting is that when those of us that live in the enlightend, forward thinking areas () want to get away from it all for a weekend, we pack up and travel to those 'backward' areas where people live simplier, calmer lives. We just have to remember to pack our own booze...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Gregor!!!

LOL @ Soldier.

we pack up and travel to those 'backward' areas where people live simplier, calmer lives. We just have to remember to pack our own booze...

You got that right. Coming down here with your high-falutin' citified ways trying to tell us how to live ...

Words fail me ...

Syl

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    high-falutin' citified ways

But...but... it's soooo HAPPIFYING Syl!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

I wonder if Fred Franz ever visited Alabama?

Syl

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I don't know, I've only driven thru without stopping to chat with anyone there. I'm assuming its an ok place until I find out otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit