Whoopi Goldberg on The VIew

by changeling 54 Replies latest jw friends

• ajwnm
    ajwnm

I am confused; someone please enlighten me: how is someone attempting to explain a culture with which they're familiar any more "sick and degenerate" than other who try to explain the unexplainable? Aren't there people out there trying to explain why Benoit killed his wife and child? Aren't there people out there trying to explain George W.'s actions in Iraq? It is human nature to try and understand "why" someone does something that seems "abnormal," whether it's to ourselves or to others that our attempts are directed.

Reply:

I put all defenders of the indefensible in the same category. Stupid. There is no sane defense for dog fighting, cock fighting or steriod pumped wrestlers killing people ( or racists of all colors attacking and killing people just because of their color, BTW). I do not care to "understand" the demented mind that enjoys dog fighting, or cock fighting or any other "sport" that uses animals to tear each other to pieces for enjoyment. This type of "culture" should best be "understood" as a deviant, degenerate subculture destined for rapid extinction, hopefully.

They are sick individuals, regardless of their color, and should never be allowed to own another animal as long as they live.

As to your relatives- did any of them mistreat their animals? Did they starve them, electocute them, beat them or repeatedly strangle them? Probably not. They loved them in their own way and understood their dog's need to be part of a disciplined pack.

Not treating a dog as you would a fellow human being, but treating it as a dog, is not abuse. Dogs and other animals are not people, no matter how much we want them to be. I learned that from "The Dog Whisperer". Since I stopped treating my toy schnauzers like children and started treating them like dogs, their lives, and mine have never been better. I don't love them any less and they still "love" me but they are much happier and more contented now that I understand their place and my role as dog pack leader.

• frozen one
    frozen one

But I do kill snakes

What kind of snake was that? It was a big one. And what was it eating? There were a lot of snakes around the house I had in the country. They ate a lot of pests. Didn't mind having them around actually. I liked the bats around there also. They killed a lot of bugs.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I wasn't trying to explain Mr. Vick... anymore than I was trying to explain Mr. Benoit (both of which can be explained, but neither explanation I believe you would be able to receive...).

I was responding to the question as to how Ms. Goldberg might know what goes on in the South.

As to your question regarding my relatives and "did any of them mistreat their animals?" I refer you to my statement regarding what my relatives thought dogs were "good for."

You don't like dog fighting; neither do I. I also don't like bullfighting (lordy, somebody tell me the difference?). I don't like alligator poaching... or cattle tazering... or marlin stuffing... or elephant/tiger/lion/bear taming. I don't like zoos at all. And if my little Louie could make it out there in the big wide world, he would be out there livin' a "dog's" life, too.

However, what I like/don't like... and what goes on in the big wide world... are often two very different things.

"Explaining" is not always the same thing as "defending."

Peace.

SA, who offers that perhaps you should not "hurry" yourself to be offended..

• Sassy
    Sassy

I read this today

On her “Wake Up With Whoopi” radio show heard on New York’s WKTU-FM on Wednesday, Goldberg said she wanted to make clear she didn’t condone Vick’s actions. The Atlanta Falcons quarterback admitted he provided money for a dogfighting ring that operated on his property and helped kill six to eight pit bulls.

“I do not think what Michael Vick was smart,” she said. “I am thrilled that the cops took care of it.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20612954/

• snowbird
    snowbird

Post 1126 of 1134
    since 24-Jun-06

She would've felt different if the accuser was a white guy.

The majority of blacks still feel O.J. is innocent

How did I miss this ??? This is one Black person who never felt O. J. was innocent. The circumstantial evidence was too compelling.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit