You can be Disfellowshiped for being too FAT!!!!!

by Witness 007 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Well, my 2 cents... if they want to disfellowship people for being fat they should start with the bethel "heavies"...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thanks "JW-Daughter"..good point. Let me qoute again Awake 74 and 78 not so long ago really..."those who practice such things will NOT INHERIT GOD'S KINGDOM..." {like fornication etc} "...Soon Jesus and his Kingdom will bring law dyfying gluttons TO AN END..."

If I was a J.W Elder who wanted to disfellowship because of a personal grudge, I could easily convince the body of Elders that this Obese Sister or Brother was a glutton, unless medically they could prove otherwise....I thought this was scary that's all, more Ammo for self-rightoues Elders.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I know since I've put on weight it's due to eating and drinking whatever I want, and not excersing enough.

Eating and drinking whatever you want does not make you a glutton. Gorging on huge amounts of food regularly: living for eating large amounts of food, these make you a glutton. I know people who eat very healthy foods in normal amounts and exercise who are more than 30 lbs overweight. A workmate of mine was raised on a vegetarian diet. She still eats a strict vegetarian diet. She walks. She bicyles. She weighs 75 lbs more than she should.

If you enjoy a hamburger with fries and a coke, it doesn't make you glutton. It means you probably enjoy fastfood. And yes, it may make you gain weight, but it still does not make you a glutton. If you eat 2 double cheese whoppers and a giant fry with a large milkshake and refill your coke 5 times and you eat like this or eat even more at every single meal day in and day out, then maybe you're a glutton. You go to buffets and get several plates of food and you eat this way at home all the time, maybe you're a glutton. Then again, maybe you have an eating disorder.

I know people who've had gastric bypass surgery, lose a lot of weight being only able to eat 2 ozs of food per meal or snack, who gain a lot of the weight back.

Disgusting and ignorant, the promotion of this kind of erroneous thinking. It is a diservice to people who are not naturally slender. A lot of the slim beauties in Hollywood and the modeling world that many of you admire so much? They gorge themselves and then throw up or take large amounts of laxatives. They should make laxatives for purging brains of stupidity.

• ataloa
    ataloa

I remember about 10 years ago, the subject of gluttony was a small paragraph in a watchtower lesson. I think it only mentioned the greed factor and nothing about being overweight. What was odd was that when it came time for the questions and answers, it was not mentioned at all. Not by anyone. I've never seen anything else like that.

My ubm at the time asked me what was up with that, so I went to ask the elder about it. He popped off some silly remark that didn't make sense and went back to his important work.

I've never understood that - they've never had a problem with letting us have it with both barrels over everything else. Did this happen at anyone else's KH?

• mind my own
    mind my own

My old circus overseer was so massive he couldn't walk without huffing and puffing away. He certainly couldn't walk and talk at the same time. Always grossed me out!

MMO

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think that is his thigh. That is a him?

They don't df people for being fat because being fat is not a sin. And they know being fat is more complex than the amount of food a person eats. That and they'd have to disfellowship vast numbers of people in every congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit