Is 2034 the ultimate Watchtower date?

by cultswatter 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frozen one
    frozen one

this date is different The 2034 date effectively paints the WTS into a corner

The pricks that run the WTS painted themselves into lots of corners over the years. Another date, another doctinal change...makes no difference. Oh, geez...whatever. By 2034 I'll most likely be dead in the ground.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, 2034 very well may be the ultimate date.

But, well .... only in a figurative sense.

Rub a Dub

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When Armageddon does not arrive by 2034..WBT$ will simply announce they never said any such thing..It`s worked for over 100years..Why change a tried and true formula?...OUTLAW

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm sure they'll receive new light on it when the time comes.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I'm sure they'll receive new light on it when the time comes.

Exacly. Since the 2034 date is based on 120 years from 1914, I suspect that by 2034, the 1914 date will have been greatly revised as to its meaning or dropped entirely.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

Actually the 120 years of Noah need to be taken prophetically using the day for a year formula. So just like the 7 times we'll assign 360 day years first and come up with 43,200 days - translated to 365 day years means the end will definately come in 45,114.

Well dang - that kinda takes the urgency out of everything, doesn't it.

Morph ('Only 41,193 years left till Armageddon!)

• VM44
    VM44

What about the possibility that the Watchtower organization will have fallen apart and ceased to exist well before the year 2034 comes around?

--VM44

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

When did Raymond Franz talk about this date? I'd like to read his comments if he did.

It's only a matter of time before the Society focuses more on the supposed 120 year analogy between the last days of Noah's world and the last days of this world, beginning 1914. It's way too obvious a parallel for them not to. Never mind that 1914 is a completely bogus date.

They will probably start to apply the analogy more after 2014. Many JW's are secretly looking to 2014 as having some kind of significance.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

They will do what they have always done......

Deny deny deny.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Come Come ! The Wt has always paralelled the time of Noah to the Last Days. I have read that article over and over and I cannot see any "hint" that the end would come 120 years from 1914.

Pure speculation on the part of the ex Witness community. I have connections to the local Congo and have never heard anybody on the inside repeat this interpretation of the article . Has anybody else??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit