Is 2034 the ultimate Watchtower date?

by cultswatter 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

.........Governments toward closing down all religions..............

It happened in the past in Communist countries.

In a snap the iron curtain came down, The Berlin wall came down. The world became different. Things can change in a snap.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Fisherman, "Things can change in a snap."

Nothing has changed in 137 years of false prophecies in a snap or otherwise. Religion if anything will grow as society becomes more impoverished. Religion thrives on misery and there will be plenty of misery yet to come. And no, that misery has nothing to do with what the Bible has to say about the end.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

With over a billion Catholics and millions of other Christian based faiths, a billion practicing Muslims in the world not to mention the strong freedom of religion placed in the US constitution, dont hold your breath.

If religion goes it will go on its own .

Actually the UN has been supportive of religious freedom , thats why the JWS secretly signed up and tried to use the organization as a means for support.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

1975 by a bunch of clueless self promoting people

Lets be truthful. 1975 was believed and hoped on as " the end of the 6000 year...." (No one knows the day or hour.. but.... the year...") But when nothing happened, JWS continued to serve God.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

If religion goes it will go on its own .

It will never go on its own. It is big money, big business, and people believe in God and in the supernatural. Organized religion cater to this. But if allowed, people will worship in private as they did in communist countries without the church.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Fisherman, "Lets be truthful."

You're not being truthful. You read what I said above. 10,000 people heard it though most of them are either dead, not in the religion or totally forgot that absurdity. 1975 wasn't quite the end of the 6,000 years of man's existence because Freddy elaborated on the "Adam and Eve gap". Do you even know what that was?

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

That's a damn lie. I was there in 1974 and I heard a talk given to 10,000+ people in attendance by none other than Frederick Franz. He said that the end might happen within a few months or a few years after 1975 but not decades.

So was I, and I was telling people to stop listening to stupidity. This is the confusion you don’t seem to rethink, words. So the lies come from you. Phrase was: It could be possible.

Might Definition:

1. Past of May, used especially

2. Used in questions and request.

Happen Definition:

1. To take place; come to pass; occur:

Something interesting is always happening in New York.

2. To come to pass by chance; occur without apparent reason or design: not ask me what caused it—it just happened, that's all.

Possible Definition: **********************************************

1. Able to be done; within the power or capacity of someone or something.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Nothing has changed in 137 years

JWS claim they see the sign of Christ presence. You deny it. JWs say everyone will be forced to see it., but regarding change, no one can say for sure that religion as we know it will not end, not even you, what do you know.. It did in communist countries and why could it not happen again. The US has been a pretty stable country, but things can change.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays
    However I agree with Fisherman: All the hysteria and confusion ended up being the conclusion of the 6000 day. The same clarification was mentioned in 1976. So what has happened since 1975 worldwide?
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Note what I posted in another thread:

Compare what the book All Scriptures Inspired published by the WTS in 1963 stated about the year 1975:

“Does this mean, then, that by 1963 we had progressed 5,988 years into the ‘day’ on which Jehovah ‘has been resting from all his work’? (Gen. 2:3) No, for the creation of Adam does not correspond with the beginning of Jehovah’s rest day. Following Adam’s creation, and still within the sixth creative day, Jehovah appears to have been forming further animal and bird creations. Also, he had Adam name the animals, which would take some time, and he proceeded to create Eve. (Gen. 2:18-22; see also NW, 1953 Ed., footnote on vs. 19) Whatever time elapsed between Adam’s creation and the end of the ‘sixth day’ must be subtracted from the 5,988 years in order to give the actual length of time from the beginning of the ‘seventh day’ until [1963]. It does no good to use Bible chronology for speculating on dates that are still future in the stream of time.—Matt. 24:36.” Copyright Watchtower All Scriptures Inspired of God and Beneficial.

If you want to read more about the "eve gap", read my posts on this thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/288480001/armageddon-1975-probability-possibility-irrefutable-proof-watchtower-said-1975-game-over

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit