Is 2034 the ultimate Watchtower date?

by cultswatter 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

A recent wacktower had hinted that the year 2034 would be the final date for armaggedon. If armageddon has not arrived by 2035 then will the WTS close shop for good or will they simply accuse the past presidents of apostacy and regroup to form another daughter of the tower offshoot baseless religion?

• JH
    JH

As long as they have suckers, they can push back the date forever, and cash in the profits (prophets).

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i would LOVE to see that. i seriously doubt they would say that.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

That ship is sinking.

Who knows if they make it to 2034.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Oh geez...whatever. Who cares about the stupid dates those moronic people set.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Oh geez...whatever. Who cares about the stupid dates those moronic people set.

I like the way you think!

• R.F.
    R.F.
    A recent wacktower had hinted that the year 2034 would be the final date for armaggedon.

I know that this year has been mentioned here before but when was it hinted at in a Watchtower mag?

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

frozen1

this date is different The 2034 date effectively paints the WTS into a corner

• cultswatter
  • Arthur
    Arthur

The Society has not specifically pointed to this date, but according to Raymond Franz, there are deffinately some big wigs in various branches that put stock in this date.

If the year 2034 comes and goes, the Society still has some wiggle room. Remember that Noah was given 120 years for the ark construction; but then Noah had to take time to load all of the animals into the ark.

The Society could state that after this 120 year period, that there is now a final gleaning work, where the final ingathering is taking place before the great tribulation errupts (where Jehovah decides to shut the door to his "ark-like" organization). This would see the numbers of pioneer and auxiliary pioneer applications jump dramatically.

Later on, the Society could state that Jehovah was extending mercy on the "nations" as He did with the Ninevites; and how grateful Jehovah's people should be for this extended mercy. All the while, the Society could still repeat it's same mantra that "the time remaining is short". And on and on it goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit