are some warning labels really necessary?

by bigdreaux 41 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

what are some of the stupidest warning labels you've seen?

i just bought some sleep aid pills, and get this, they may cause drowsiness. i would hope so, otherwise, i'd want my money back.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Heating massage oil, Warning this product may cause tingling. WTF? Isn't that the point?

• caligirl
    caligirl

I've seen lists of a few that have come around in email and they crack me up.

Sadly enough, I'm sure a lot of them are there because some poor challenged soul actually tried it before. Like putting the frozen pizza in the oven without taking the plastic and cardboard off first.

• watson
    watson

Slightly off topic, but this reminds me of the little "qualifiers" you hear near the end of television advertisements about prescription drugs.....

"If you notice...rapid heart rate, profuse persperation, aching muscles, extreme headaches, explosive gas, bleeding anus....stop using colon blow, and call your doctor!"

Wait a minute....

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

The hair dryer we have states, "Warning: Do not use in shower"

I saw this one on the net that someone wanted to put on the bible and thought it funny:

WARNING: This is a work of fiction. Do NOT TAKE it literally. CONTENT ADVISORY: Contains verses descriptive or advocating suicide, incest, bestiality, sadomasochism, sexual activity in a violent context, murder, morbid violence, use of drugs or alcohol, homosexuality, voyeurism, revenge, undermining of authority figures, lawlessness and human rights violations and atrocities. EXPOSURE WARNING: Exposure to contents for extended periods of time or during formative years in children may cause delusions, hallucinations, decrease cognitive and objective reasoning abilities, and in extreme cases, pathological disorders, hatred, bigotry, violence including but not limited to fanaticism, murder and genocide.

WARNING: The above posting was a joke and is not meant in anyway to detract from Christianity or those practice its tenets. All rights reserved. Your mileage may vary. Not valid on weekdays or weekends ending in the letter "Y" See your Rabbi for details.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I get annoyed at the warnings before movies on TV.

"The following program may contain coarse language, violence, nudity, strong sexual content, adult situations, frightening scenes, and mature themes. Viewer discretion is advised."

Well, DUH!!! THAT'S WHY I'M WATCHING!!!

Idiots.

W

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Preparation H- do not take internally.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

WARNING: This is a work of fiction. Do NOT TAKE it literally. CONTENT ADVISORY: Contains verses descriptive or advocating suicide, incest, bestiality, sadomasochism, sexual activity in a violent context, murder, morbid violence, use of drugs or alcohol, homosexuality, voyeurism, revenge, undermining of authority figures, lawlessness and human rights violations and atrocities. EXPOSURE WARNING: Exposure to contents for extended periods of time or during formative years in children may cause delusions, hallucinations, decrease cognitive and objective reasoning abilities, and in extreme cases, pathological disorders, hatred, bigotry, violence including but not limited to fanaticism, murder and genocide.

WARNING: The above posting was a joke and is not meant in anyway to detract from Christianity or those practice its tenets. All rights reserved. Your mileage may vary. Not valid on weekdays or weekends ending in the letter "Y" See your Rabbi for details.

I should have worn depends before reading this. That would have been a good warning!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yeah watson, or the one that says if you have an erection lasting 4 hours, go to the hospital..........yeah right, i'm calling missanna and telling her to get home and bring lots of lube.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Fruit roll-up snack: Remove wrapper before eating....duh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit