are some warning labels really necessary?

by bigdreaux 41 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

Sometimes we should really let natural selection work the way it does in nature. We will be a better and stronger species in the long run. It may sound harsh but as a culture we are going backwards and only the attornies are benefitting from it.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Here are a few warning labels I found -

"Do not use while sleeping or unconscious." -- On a hand-held massaging device.

"This product is not to be used in bathrooms." -- On a Holmes bathroom heater.

"Do not use orally." -- On a toilet bowl cleaning brush.

"Remember, objects in the mirror are actually behind you." -- On a motorcycle helmet-mounted rear-view mirror.

BB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have gotten ab exercisers that warn the user to stop immediately and call the doctor if they notice any pain in the abs during use. This would include the pain that is supposed to happen--you are going to feel a burn in the area you are trying to work. Once this reaches moderate in intensity, you are done and have worked the area out. But the warning implies that feeling any burn should send you to the doctor.

A word of caution with these devices: If you feel any sharp pain or pain that does not resolve soon after use, and is worse than moderate burning, then you may have ruptured the transverse abdominus. Any sharp pain in the back that occurs while using these devices may be a herniated disc, or as harmless as a muscle spasm that will resolve in a few days with proper care. If you have had them before, you know if it's harmless or not. But, if you think it's a hernia, then you should call the doctor because that can become serious. But a burn is a good thing: just stop using it and let it heal. Then, use the device again. That is how they are supposed to work!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i was at work today, and opened a part that had packs of silicia in it. it says..........do not eat. like mechanics around the world are going..."hey bob, we got some candy with this water pump!"

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Warning labels are stupid, because lawyers and judges are stupider.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I remember some medicine for men that had a very scary label

Pregnant women or women who could
    become pregnant should not even
    handle the container

• BrentR
    BrentR
    Posted by Watson:

Wasn't there a fat free potato chip that had this as a warning?

I remember when those potato chips fried in Olestra came out. They did not have any warnings about the oil being non-digestable and the subsequent "fallout". We got to find that out ourselves.

Boy that would kill a party quick! Chips anyone????

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yeah brent, it made dipping alot more fun.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Warning Coffee is hot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit