Man gets charged for lemonade he made at a resturant!

by Dragonlady76 86 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I thought my dad was the only one who did that. What great memories you triggered.

You know what? The restaraunt my mom and dad (who at the time was in his 50s) went to every Friday night for their "date night" knew they were coming in every week and without asking they would bring my dad -- not ONE lemon slice, but a PLATE OF LEMON SLICES....every single time (...unless it was a new server....) and then the manager brought the lemons out...this was a midwest casual dining chain. And he would sit their and happily make his lemonade...he did it every week until the day he died. The servers were tipped well. And they got my parents business...every week.

I faced the same thing at McDonald's (where I rarely eat, but once in awhile will if I am in a hurry). I ordered 2 chicken snack wraps (at $1.29 each) but ask for them grilled and with only lettuce (no ranch sauce since I dont like it). However, I ask for BBQ sauce packets for those and my fries (I dont like ketchup either)....one particular restaraunt charged me for the packets....it was only a dime or 14 cents...but it was the principle of the matter..there was no sign stating the extra charge.... I paid at one location, but at a different location I finally had enough and told them I wanted a refund on the $1 chicken sandwich I ordered (plain, no sauce)... they said why? I said it I wont eat it without and same for the fries. they said we will have to throw it away since we already gave it to you. I told them too bad.... guess what...they gave me the BBQ sauce... oddly enough, if i ask for 10 ketchup packets (or sometimes I dont even ask) I will get them.... I could use half the container on the service bar of ketchup and not get charged.....but ask for 1 or 2 BBQ sauce packs and it is the end of the world.

most locations since then have put up signs stating there is an extra charge for those sauce packets now..... but the location I usually go to doesnt charge me anyway.

short sighted business do not get my business.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "its the principle of the matter" Sheep Class)

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Short sighted. I'll bet if he offered ONE free glass of lemonade to each senior citizen with their meal he would increase his business and his profit.

He is in Florida right?

So sure he has the "right" to charge, but it's a STUPID IDEA.

• John Doe
    John Doe

This thread is an excellent litmus test for determining who the cheapies are, huh. ;-)

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I have noticed in some restaurants like Taco Bell they charge extra for certain condiments and Little Caesars Pizza charges extra for small containers for Parmasan cheese to go on your pizza. Will not surprise me if all places start charging extra for ketchup packets and salad dressing and croutons for salad, LOL.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    This thread is an excellent litmus test for determining who the cheapies are, huh. ;-)

I am frugal, and thats not a crime for those of us that like to save $ I would like to give a shout out to all my cheap peeps

• White Dove
    White Dove

I proudly make lemonade at restaurants and read books in book stores

• White Dove
    White Dove

Me a cheapy? I tip well. Making your own lemonade compaired to ordering your own lemonade: there is a big difference. I claim free lemonade when I make it because I figure that my effort to squeeze the lemons and add sugar myself is a valuable service that the resaurant simply did not provide (because I didn't ask it to). Why pay them for a service not given? I'm sneaky, and smarty, not cheapy! Thank you very much!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Good day to you, Dragonlady! I have fun outsmarting those who like to inflate prices and hurt the largest segment of the population. It's very satisfying to use such survival techniques.

• PEC
    PEC

BD and I eat at the same restaurant three or four days a week, the waitress' bring 1 to 1.5 lemons worth of wedges along with a pitcher of ice water and Splenda (yum yum), every time and they get tipped accordingly, 30% to 50%. It is a service industry and it is their job to provide that service or I will go elsewhere. I have never been charged for ice water, lemon wedges or anything that is on the table and if I ever am, it better be on the menu or I won't pay.
    At $2 dollars a drink that is $832 a year that we save, at just that one restaurant.

Why do we drink Ice water with lemon? Because, we can't have sugar or caffeine and we are cheap.
    JD, At Fuddruckers they have a produce bar, is it wrong to make a salad from the help yourself produce bar?

Philip (of the, free lemonade is paying for my house in Southern California class.)

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

I'm not a cheapskate but pretty frugal. Charging $1.69-$1.99 for a fountain drink seems really out of line when the cost per glass isn't that expensive. They say you can get free refills, but it adds a big cost to a $3-$4 sandwich. But if I want one, I get it. If money's a little tight, I don't.

I can see the restaurant's side. Some people take all the jelly packets and sugar packets and napkins. I'm surprised they don't take the ketchup bottle. There's a convenience store in town that has the hot dog buns ready in foil wrappers. Some of town's youngsters were eating the rolls right in the store and telling each other they were free. Dumb.

My sister worked in a restaurant and had a middle-aged couple come in for supper regularly. He would order one special for them to split and ask for it on separate plates. Then he would complain about the size of the portion(s) and ask for lots of extra rolls and butter. Two dinners for the price of one! It's hard to know whether people are just cheap or really need to save money. But I think I'd stay home and eat peanut butter and jelly.

Crafty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit