Man gets charged for lemonade he made at a resturant!

by Dragonlady76 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I wonder what lurks in their freezer?

• Mary
    Mary

It kind of reminds me of the WTS's policy on blood fractions and plasma. Plasma is 93% water and the rest is made up of the blood fractions that you're allowed to take without being destroyed by God. You can take these blood fractions individually with no problem. However, if you mix the blood fractions with the water, that's suddenly a big no-no that will cost you big time.

This sounds exactly the same way: If the waitress brings you a glass of water, along with a lemon slice, then that's free. But the second you add the free sugar that's on the table, then that's not acceptable, even though that sugar can go into your coffee or tea at no additional charge.

What the owner of the restaurant doesn't seem to get, is that with the very bad publicity focused on her penny-pinching ways, she's going to lose A LOT more in revenues now, then if she had just allowed this guy to mix whatever he wanted to.

Very stupid move, I'd say.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've got to side with the restaurant owner here. He has every right to charge for his service. If you don't like that, you have every right not to use his service. The old man is definitely a cheap skate.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The thing is it should be listed on the menu as a charge, dont make up some rule after the fact.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Junction Guy, are we to assume everything is free that does not have a price marked?

• eclipse
    eclipse

The thing is JD, he provided an already paid for service.

The cost of a few pennies for the tap water and clean glass are incorporated into the cost of the meal.

The lemon wedge is a CONDIMENT, the cost of which are included in the price of the meal.

He was charged for something he had already paid for.

And just because he added lemon and sweetener does not make him a cheap skate, many people do this with their water.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Some things are assumed to be free such as ice water, condiments, etc etc etc. There are some restaurants I have heard that charge for water, but they mention that on their menu, so the customers can be forewarned.

I have worked for 2 chinese restaurants, one of them was really great, the other treated their employees like cattle, and penny pinched in other ways.

I think the owner here felt duped and it probably bothered them that they had never thought of this.

I dont drink lemonade anyway (well I occasionally do) I would much rather just pay the money for a sweet tea or a pepsi.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Many people are cheap skates. Condiments are only included in the price at the discretion of the restaurant. There is no requirement for them to be there. I once knew a man who would go into the Dairy Queen and make a salad out of the burger toppings and lemonade as described here. You really think the burger he paid for included all of this?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

No, but the owner should find a creative way to get around that scenario.

Why not a simple disclaimer on the menu "due to costcutting efforts we are obliged to charge now for ice water"

• eclipse
    eclipse
    I once knew a man who would go into the Dairy Queen and make a salad out of the burger toppings and lemonade as described here. You really think the burger he paid for included all of this?

What difference does it make COST WISE that he ate the toppings on the side instead of on his burger?

Of course it is included in the price, otherwise they would of CHARGED him EXTRA for the lettuce, the tomatoe and the pickle!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit