The meeting tonight was UNBEARABLE

by Orgull 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• erandir
    erandir
    The meetings are unbearable when you know what's really going on unless you use that time for personal goal setting and to-do's, it will look like you're taking notes.

I used to pay very good attention and take good notes while my wife was making a grocery list or a to do list. Now I'm the faded one, and she is still active. Go figure. Maybe it's because I paid so much attention that I realized the "truth" wasn't the truth.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I wish I lived near you. I'd do the blood talk.....

Skeeter

• iveseenthelight
    iveseenthelight
    Do you know that being on the TMS is optional? You don't have to give the talk. I just found out the TMS was optional about 2 years ago

Shopaholic - I Knew they were optional, but the stupid TMS bro kept giving me them and saying "I know you don't want to but just do this last one" and I always would. I used to prepare talks for my mates as well, pure BS!

Keep fading dude...let us know how you go.

• Mum
    Mum

Orgull: Keep true to yourself. Nobody said it would be easy.

If you need a vacation, I have an extra bedroom and bath. You can tell them you have an ill relative who needs some looking after and have to leave for a loooonnnnng time.

Mary's idea about illness, such as depression or chronic fatigue syndrome, can buy you some time out as well. You might want to consult a therapist (in another town) to give you some coping strategies.

We're with you,

SandraC

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    First there was the brother who happily pointed out that I'd missed two meetings recently and that he was keeping track.

Some handy ploys for you to repeat as often as necessary for this type of jackass:

1. "I beg your pardon?" (drag this out, lots of direct eye-contact - your eyes slightly bugging out - pretend he's telling you that he's just put a car-bomb in the PO's Chevy)

2. "Now, let me get this straight: you're telling me that I've missed two meetings? And that you're - what? Keeping track?" (Now shake your head slowly from side to side with a look of profound sadness, and, then look him directly in the eyes and say "Why?" Pretend he's just told you that he has been killing kittens and puppies since he was 12.)

3. Tell yourself a funny joke or picture something funny (this jackass stark naked wearing his underpants on his head). Start laughing uncontrollably - clutching the chairs, the walls - gasping, wheezing for breath. Pretend you are having a stroke. Finally, wipe the tears from your eyes, walk away shaking your head, chuckling softly, looking back at him once or twice and take your seat. Make a gun with your thumb and forefinger - wink and pretend to shoot him.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

ROFLMAO

Bizzy - that was some good stuff.

• steve2
    steve2
    I Knew they were optional, but the stupid TMS bro kept giving me them and saying "I know you don't want to but just do this last one" and I always would.

Could this just be an old-fashioned case of you needing to develop basic self-assertiveness skills? The world is full of bullies and the bullied; admittedly religious bullies are a special bunch, but the same principles of self-assertion apply.

Acquire some basic self-assertiveness skills.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

BizzyB, I can't decide whether I want to be you or Terry. I love your response-it was running through my mind. . .who the hell does that guy think he is? My next move (more if I was Terry) Tell him to keep on counting. . .as I walked out of the hall-never to come back.

• theMartian
    theMartian

It's getting harder to WANT to go for me, as well! The Revelation "Book Study" was about 1919...stayed home!

If you're still going- LOOK UP THE INFO (it's all mapped out) BEFORE YOU GO...Then maybe you WON'T!

• BFD
    BFD
    It's getting harder to WANT to go for me, as well

The light is getting brighter on Mars.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit