The meeting tonight was UNBEARABLE

by Orgull 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

Good to see your progress. The next stage of progress: No longer needing to attend meetings nor hanging out for the elders' approval.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This sounds like it's going to be a difficult fade. If you miss two meetings and they are already hounding you, I don't know what they are going to do when you only make one in 3, or one in 5, meetings. It sounds like this "brother" is going to talk to Brother Hounder, and Brother Hounder will then arrange a shepherding hounding call to get you back "on track". If that doesn't work, they are likely to keep watching you like a hawk so, the minute you do anything wrong, they can bust you on the spot.

One way to get around this is to unofficially transfer to another congregation. Start going to a few of their meetings. That should throw this "brother"s tally off, and you might be able to miss a few meetings in peace. You go randomly to either side, with plenty of missed meetings thrown in for good measure. They won't know who to send to hound you, since each side will think you might have been with the other side.

As for those talks, one way I found that is especially effective is to "have to work late" on the night of the talk (being sick or forgetting to set your alarm clock and missing it work according to your circumstances). I can assure you that if you miss more than one of these talks, they will take you off the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" for good. Just make sure it's a no-show and don't have anyone fill in for you or let the conductor know, and they will be scrambling to find someone to fill in at the last minute (and waste time doing so). It won't be long before you stop getting them if you keep blowing them off when you do get one. Worked for me!

• unique1
    unique1

That is why I could never go back. I couldn't be convincing. I would just tell everyone off, with the exception of some old dear ones.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Do you know that being on the TMS is optional? You don't have to give the talk. I just found out the TMS was optional about 2 years ago.

In regards to the meetings, I used to try to at least make the sunday meetings, now I don't even try. I can't bring myself to go anymore. I think I've gone from fading to faded, not sure how that technically works. The last few times that I went I really felt like I was in "bizarro world" and kept wondering how was I ever duped into giving my life to this religion. I don't have any family locally so it works out well, for now. The meetings are unbearable when you know what's really going on unless you use that time for personal goal setting and to-do's, it will look like you're taking notes.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    This sounds like it's going to be a difficult fade.

Another aid to messing up their notice of how many meetings you miss- show up very late at a meeting.
    If you come in during the last 15-20 minutes of a meeting, the typical excuses will seem real to them.
    "He's trying to get here."

Congratulations on the fade. Keep a goal in front of you to progress your fade.

• Honesty
    Honesty

You must have some body parts made of steel.

I just went COLD TURKEY and quit going to the indoctrination sessions.

My sanity was being severely affected every time I came within 100 yards of a kingdom hall.

• Mary
    Mary
    First there was the brother who happily pointed out that I'd missed two meetings recently and that he was keeping track.

He must not have much of a life if this is what he's spending all his time doing......What a jackass.......If you want to miss more, just say that you're suffering from depression.......that'll usually bide you some time. I'd also drop out of the School. Tell them that you get panic attacks whenever you go on the platform and until you get your medication right, you won't be giving any talks. They may not like it, but there's not a damn thing they can do about it.

• erandir
    erandir
    First there was the brother who happily pointed out that I'd missed two meetings recently and that he was keeping track.

No way! How tactless!

And yet, there seems to be at least one of those in every hall or church in my experience. I think it boosts their ego or something. You must have been a heck of a "spiritual brother" before your fade. And now the people who couldn't keep up with you, but are now surpassing you, are going to remind you in subtle ways like that. I always disliked that competitive spirit that more than a few had.

Either that or maybe that is just the way some people say "I miss you" in a macho way.

• erandir
    erandir
    Hugs! Wish you all the best in your fade. Wow that sounded like a weird hallmark card.

LMAO.

Cute

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

I know there is no way I could ever sit through a meeting and I'm sure I would be pulled into the back room because if anyone ever said "I'm keeping track", I'd probably tell them to kiss my A**!

So I can't even give you any tips, just a cyberhug!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit