The meeting tonight was UNBEARABLE

by Orgull 53 Replies latest jw experiences

I can't recall any meetings whatsoever that were "bearable." I stared at the clock every time, for what seemed like an eternity. Five minutes seemed to take so long to pass!

• still_in74
    still_in74
    He switched me to a nice, harmless talk about defending our blood beliefs. Whee! What a guy

I was lucky enough to get that blood talk too....

lousy thing for me is my wife now knows I have a "problem" with the blood issue and I have to talk about "why true christains dont accept blood transfusions" !!

This is going to be the best performance of my life.............

• still_in74
    still_in74
    craptower and the puke talk

LOL

• still_in74
    still_in74
    (1 Thessalonians 4:10-11) . . ., 11 and to make it YOUR aim to live quietly and to mind YOUR own business and work with YOUR hands, just as we ordered YOU;
  • TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    First there was the brother who happily pointed out that I'd missed two meetings recently and that he was keeping track. Brotherly love in action.

Next time someone mentions you've missed meetings, just say: "Actually, that's why I'm here today, to find out how come you and nobody else called me for the past x weeks I've been out... I guess I'm not one of the lost little sheep that matter enough to be missed, such that the the shepherd leaves the others behind and goes looking for; No, I've got to drag MYSELF back to the fold for the shepherd to finally notice/mention I've been gone. Good to see you too. NOT!! Enjoy the meeting!"

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

I have an aunt, that has been known to keep track of everyone's attendence and then contact them on the phone to 'encourage' them and find out why they have been missing.

In a congregation exceeding 100 publishers, I can imagine that it would take considerable time for my aunt to figure out who is missing.

Highlander,

Your aunt's name wasn't Mildred, was it? :-) I heard this earlier this week, I can't remember where from; if it was here, I apologize for re-posting!

Mildred , the church gossip and self-appointed monitor of the church's morals, kept sticking her nose into other people's business. Several members did not approve of her extracurricular activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused a new member, George, of being an alcoholic after she saw his pickup parked in front of the town's only bar. George, a man of few words, said nothing. He didn't explain, defend or deny. Later that evening, George quietly parked his pickup in front of Mildred 's house and walked home....leaving the pickup there all night.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    Ask Brother Meeting Tally Guy if he wants the "4 - 1 - 1". When he asks what the "information" is...tell him to look up at "1 Thessalonians 4:11". Maybe he will get the point.

BRILLIANT!!! Great scripture, perfect way to introduce it. You were paying attention in the TMS!

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    fedorE said: But low and behold the brother in charge of seating late arrivals puts you in the back center row right in the speakers direct line sight and between 2 other freshly scrubbed brothers.No empty chair beside you . So now everytime u look up its YOU and the speaker it seems.Now is a good time to make sure you have extra gum easliy accessible from hand to mouth without causing too much comotion.

This would be a perfect time to have a bag full of different hats, hair, glasses, noses, etc. Ever visit a costume store, like the ones stage actors go to? It's a blast... imagine, everytime the speaker looks down to read a scripture or his dry manuscript, and looks up, you look different... and goofy. Would really mess with his tempo and coherence!

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Hey i'veSeenTheLight! Welcome. I love your avatar!! Do you actually have a button that says that? Would be SO COOL to wear it to a convention!!

• Medic!?
    Medic!?

You could always fake "depression" like everyone else did in my congregation. Or make it the disease of the Awake! month. Whenever that stupid tabloid would come out, it was guaranteed that at least 5 publishers (not being rude, but always women) would have that month's health related topic or disease. Plus, if you are depressed, none of them really care enough to want to help you. They will only talk to you when you show back up once in a while to put on a good show and pretend that they care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit