The meeting tonight was UNBEARABLE

by Orgull 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandary
    Quandary

I know what you mean. Lately ALL the meetings are unbearable! I actually find myself feeling sick to my stomach as I enter the KH. If my plan goes well, only another 4 months of this hell.

Q

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sorry you had to endure that, Orgull.

• arker
    arker

I was always amazed at how people had enough time in their busy days to keep track of my meeting attendance, hours preaching, and if I wore the same suit twice. Keep with the fade but speed it up and you will be happy!

• 5go
    5go

I know what you mean. Lately ALL the meetings are unbearable! I actually find myself feeling sick to my stomach as I enter the KH. If my plan goes well, only another 4 months of this hell.

Q

Wait till you get to the phobia stage ( the fear you just my break and shout out "I can not listening to this sh!$ one more time"). It was not long after the sick stage in my case. Hopefully you avoid the psyco stage I am in right now.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Leave this commercial publishing house, masquerading as a spiritually guided religion while you still have heart and soul, these god playing morons will take away both and leave you with

nothing, take it from a guy who was brought up in it from childhood, it's your responsibility as an individual to look between the cracks and see whats there.

They do a very good job of putting a white sheet over themselves as much as possible to lure people toward them, do not fall into their trap or you'll be sorry, Homer knows !

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Orgull -

Great post - you have made tremendous progress! Keep up the good work! Of course it is hard - but you are doing a great job to not get sucked back in to the 'easy' life...hugs to you!

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Marijuana helps with making it through the meetings. I've had a few hilarious experiences doing it. Santa Maria, the great healer!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

orgull:

he was keeping track

Ask Brother Meeting Tally Guy if he wants the "4 - 1 - 1". When he asks what the "information" is...tell him to look up at "1 Thessalonians 4:11". Maybe he will get the point.

If not, give him the SV (Snakes Version) of the scripture: "Mind your own fu*king business, as$hole"

SnakesInTheTower (of the "making it my aim to live quietly" Sheep .... Class)

PS...oh, and keep up the good work on the fade, working on my own version now.

• fedorE
    fedorE

My typical 2hr mtg...

1930- Meeting starts, song ends, prayer ends....YOU walk in......find seat thats not close to the front. Dont want to look at two many ppl you dont have to see needlessly.So you try everything to sit in a corner in the back. But low and behold the brother in charge of seating late arrivals puts you in the back center row right in the speakers direct line sight and between 2 other freshly scrubbed brothers.No empty chair beside you . So now everytime u look up its YOU and the speaker it seems.Now is a good time to make sure you have extra gum easliy accessible from hand to mouth without causing too much comotion.

1945-By this time you have gone over everything you needed to do to leave your home safe and sound. and can start to contemplate your privacy whereas a lot of your movement has been stifled. But if there is an empty seat beside you hallalujah! You can now turn your bible anywhere and keep it open at that page even upside down, while you start to amuse yourself with more important endeavors. The Bible reading has started so u can turn there and follow along and keep reading until the song or start an independant study of how you would refute all the drivel being brainwashed into the minds around you.

2000- You tire of reading and fix your gaze upon the Scripture of the Year ..rearranging the lettters to spell swearwords. You start wondering how many ppl in the hall are thinking they wish they were somewhere else and how many are closet apostates.The elder you cant stand fills in for the last talk and you want to throw your Bible at him to see his reaction. Also you wonder what it would be like to run up to the stage and tackle the speaker Then just when you begin to think about who the most beautiful girl is and what u would like to do to her it s time for the song. You open the songbook to the wrong page and stare at the book hoping no one is watchin to see if ur lips are moving.

Next hour pretty much the same and you start to consider how to bring in a newpaper to read.......

• eclipse
    eclipse
    1 Thessalonians 4:11". Maybe he will get the point.

If that is the scripture I think it is, that's the best thing you can say to Brother Keeps-track!

Orgull, you have my sympathy and my admiration.

If I went back, I would probably throw up on the person infront of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit