The meeting tonight was UNBEARABLE

by Orgull 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You'll never make the fade this way. Too much anger and disgust already your gonna blow! Just walk away right now. It won't be any worse than its going to be anyway!

• marmot
    marmot

I've been finding it harder and harder to go to the meetings. My fade seems to be accelerating in that I've been missing tons of meetings but the only ones who notice are my parents.

An elder called on me ONCE, but that was because my Mom had to go and ask him to. I feel kinda bad about it because I love my parents and I've got nothing against the people in the congregation, but I can't honestly engage in what I don't believe in anymore. Keeping it up for appearances is completely hypocritical, but that's what I'm (just barely) doing in order not to break my parent's hearts.

I've almost completely cut out the bookstudy, though, because I just can't stomach the wild interpretations and contrived "modern-day fulfillments" without my feelings showing outwardly. I just sit in the farthest corner and fight valiantly not to shake my head and roll my eyes.

Again, I have nothing against anyone in the congregation - I've never had a single "grudge" or feud or problem with anyone, unlike many here - so I feel really sad about doing this, but the other only option is lying to myself, which I cannot do.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

How about another cliche ridden post from matt

Dude you are the same age as I am. Your life is effectively half over. You only get one life. Live what is left of your life on your terms.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    "You're all 'effing' morons!"

Ha! thats funny. I betcha cant wait till you get your Tues. thurs. & sundays back.

Those talks remind me of a south park episode where the you had to crap out of your mouth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit