Apology for raising children in the Truth

by jeanne40love 22 Replies latest social family

• jeanne40love
    jeanne40love

Would you apologize in writing to your children for raising them in the truth? I've apologized verbally.......

None of them is going to meetings any longer.....

My husband and I have been drifting away for several years....

I was raised a witness, and thought we were doing the right thing. I have been consumed by fear and despair....for so many years, and I am unable to handle the incredible scrutiny placed on me by the individuals in the organization..... I would rather have my creator scrutinize me.......

• rebel8
    rebel8

My non-believing parent apologized for not divorcing and rescuing me. The apology, for some reason, has given me a lot of peace of mind and validation.

• changeling
    changeling

My only regrets in raising my children are associated with "the truth". I've told them as much.

changeling

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I think a verbal apology is best. When you talk to someone, your true feelings come across so much better than in writing.

Don't beat yourself up too much, you did what you thought was right. Just the fact that now you can acknowledge that to yourself and your children speaks volumes!!

nj

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I'd be over the moon if my parents left the org and apoligized to me verbally for raising me as a wit. I am sure it means alot to your kids that you have apoligized, period.

• Apostate Kate2
    Apostate Kate2

I apologized verbally many times but actually did it in writing tonight. I had a family birthday party here today and spent some time with my daughter. She has some obvious mental health issues that she is not dealing with so after she left I wrote an email letter to her.

Sometimes the apology isn't enough, I have to try to fix the damage done. She is my firstborn and got the worst of it even though I did not force meetings on her, nor did I ever make her go out in service. I was a sick neurotic mother from being raised a dub and still believed 100% it was "the truth" until she was 12. She did go to a private dub school and some meetings.

It's hard because on one hand I want to explain why I was such a bitch, on the other I don't want to make excuses but own it. It's all very heartbreaking. I wish we got do-overs. I'd gladly give my life to give her hers back. What her life could have been had she had the unconditional love and nurtering she deserved.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hugs Kate,

Sometimes the apology isn't enough, I have to try to fix the damage done. She is my firstborn and got the worst of it even though I did not force meetings on her, nor did I ever make her go out in service. I was a sick neurotic mother from being raised a dub and still believed 100% it was "the truth" until she was 12. She did go to a private dub school and some meetings.

You obviously love your daughter dearly and she is lucky to have you. How old is she now? Perhaps you shouldn't take full responsibility for her problems if she is now an adult. I mean absolutely no disrespect whatsoever, just that, as we become adults we can't blame our upbringings for every problem we have. And from the sounds of your post, I highly doubt she blames you either.You didn't force her into what many of us in fact were forced into. You shouldn't beat yourself up for what you didnt' know back then.

You mean to tell me there are private dub schools?? Boy I would rather have gone to one of them then suffer the torment of going to a public school as a dub. Might as well pin a kick me sign on a kid. Upside though, I learned real quick not to let others opinion get to me. Speaking of which, feel free to ignore my two cents.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

So much Effin damage has been done now, despite my crys from childhood up, and continues, that an apology has become completly irrelevant, if not insulting. It will make no difference now. I have learned how to survive and reason anything they throw at me. I have become who I am now, not because of them, but in spite of them, and it ain't over yet. They are miraculously lucky, I still even speak to them.

• south african beef
    south african beef

I have apologized to my children for bringing them up in the troof. They are no longer going to meetings at all and are beginning to live their lives how they should - enjoying life sensibly.

I just peed off at the moment as my dad did not tell me (or my children) that my grandmother died - until AFTER the funeral!

Might do a seperate thread on this in a couple of days when my head gets round it.

SAB

• jeanne40love
    jeanne40love

Thanks everyone!

Jeanne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit