Apology for raising children in the Truth

by jeanne40love 22 Replies latest social family

• V1710
    V1710

I apologized to my children who are now adults and one of things I'm most grateful for is their forgiveness. they told me it wasn't my fault. i told them it might not of been my fault, but i was the parent and was responsible for them and made a BIG mistake.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

One of my affirmations is,"I may not have created all of my problems, but I am still responsible for them."

I guess that goes for mistakes, like a parent joining a cult, but that's my affirmation, not theirs. When I am responsible for a mistake that I recognize, I apologize for it and try to move on.

If they actually believed they made any mistakes by bringing us up as Jehovah's Witnesses, an apology would go a long way to making peace, and I would certainly accept it.

Unfortunately, people who still believe they are chosen by god usually don't apologize for their delusions.

It would be impossible not to forgive the people I love for being deluded, but that doesn't mean I have to put up with being abused or neglected by them.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Doing so might be a cleansing experience and it might help your kids see you guys are on the same square: I regret , also, raising my kids in The Lie.

With you,

Vernon Williams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit